Whilst on land, the hunting portion of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag plays out essentially the same as Assassin’s Creed III. The aim is to find animals, sneak up on them and kill them before skinning their leather/hides. If an animal sees you, it will flee leading you on a chase to catch and kill it. As such, it is better to use ranged weapons or stealth tactics to get close to them before making your move.
Some animals, such as jaguars, crocodiles and sharks are aggressive and will attack you on sight. If this happens, press the on-screen button prompts as quickly as possible to escape.
Tips & Tricks:
- If you look at the main/mini-maps you will see silhouettes of animals that signify the approximate location of said species.
- Animals will appear as red in Eagle Vision, allowing you to quickly scan and find animals in your immediate area.
- It is possible to use sleep darts and pistols to take down animals from a distance. Some animals, such as crocodiles can only be killed by projectiles.
- Using treetop pathways and stalking zones to approach animals undetected is recommended to make things a little quicker and easier.
- Crafting the Hunter’s Outfit will reduce the distance you can get to animals before they notice you.
You will find the land-based animals in the following zones:
|Capuchin Monkey||Misteriosa, New Bone, Tulum|
|Crocodile||Isla Providencia, Long Bay, Matanzas, Nassau, Tulum|
|Deer||Kingston, Principe, Santanillas, Salt Lagoon|
|Howler Monkey||Cape Bonavista, Cat Island, Kingston, Long Bay, Principe, Tortuga|
|Howler Monkey (Red)||Isla Providencia|
|Huita||Cayman Sound, Jiguey, Long Bay|
|Iguana||Abaco Island, Andreas Island|
|Jaguar||Cape Bonavista, Principe, Tulum|
|Jaguar (Black)||Isla Providencia, Tulum|
|Jaguar (White)||Great Inagua|
|Ocelot||Abaco Island, Andreas Island, Cumberland Bay|
|Rabbit||Corozal, Kingston, Nassau|
|Wild Pig||Cape Bonavista, Great Inagua, Mariguana Island, Nassau|