Man didn't get where he is now with just his bare hands; know your tools inside and out so you can be better than your animal residents!
You can use the axe to chop down trees in your town. You can buy the rod from the Gardening Centre or speak to Isabelle when you move in.
- The silver axe lasts longer than the regular axe and always creates a rare stump pattern. You can buy it from the shop on Tortimer’s Island.
- Meanwhile; the gold axe will never break and can be bought from the Gardening centre after buying 50 tree saplings.
Use the rod to catch fish in the ocean and rivers of your town. You can buy the rod from Timmy and Tommy Nook or speak to Isabelle when you move in.
- The silver rod is better at attracting fish and keeping them on the line (you can buy it from the museum’s shop after donating thirty fish).
- The gold rod is better at attracting fish and keeping them on the line (you can get it at the fishing tourney after catching every fish in the game).
You can use the megaphone to call villagers using your 3DS or 2DS's microphone as long as the villager is outside his/her house. It's also helpful for quickly locating special characters like Joan.
You can buy the megaphone from Timmy and Tommy Nook after expanding the store once.
Use the net to catch bugs and other things around your town. You can buy the net from Timmy and Tommy Nook or speak to Isabelle when you move in.
- The silver net is larger than the regular net and can be bought from the museum’s shop after donating thirty bugs.
- The gold net is bigger than the silver net and can be obtained by speaking to Nat at the Bug-Off after catching every bug in the game.
You can use the shovel to dig up fossils and other items buried in the ground. You can also use it to plant things like saplings and fruit. You can buy the shovel from Timmy and Tommy Nook or speak to Isabelle when you move in.
- You can buy the silver shovel from the museum shop after donating at least fifteen fossils. The silver shovel makes the Money Rock give out gems instead of money.
- You can purchase the golden shovel from T & T Emporium after buying fifty bags of fertilizer (the golden shovel will plant money trees when burying money).
You can use the slingshot to shoot down balloons around your town. You can buy the slingshot from Timmy and Tommy Nook after upgrading the store once.
- The silver slingshot shoots two pellets at a time. You can get it by shooting down silver balloons which appear after shooting down sixteen regular balloons.
- The gold slingshot shoots three pellets at a time. You can get it by shooting down gold balloons.
You can use the watering can to water flowers in your town. You can buy it from Timmy and Tommy Nook or speak to Isabelle when you move in.
- The silver watering can waters five squares at a time in a plus shape. You can get the silver watering can after you buy fifty flowers from the Gardening Centre.
- The gold watering can will water nine flowers at once. You can get the gold watering can after maintaining a perfect town for fifteen days.
You can buy the wet suit from the shop of Tortimer’s Island on certain days. The wet suit will appear randomly and you can get certain colours, not available on Tortimer Island, from Club Tortimer. Use the wet suit to catch deep sea creatures.