Detective mode is a vision mode similar to those seen in the newest Tomb Raider and more recently in The Witcher III: Wild Hunt that allows Batman to see important objects in the environment. In detective mode generally the following are observable:
- Blue enemies are unarmed or equipped with melee weapons.
- Red enemies are equipped with firearms and should be approached with caution.
- Green enemies are Riddler associates and can be interrogated for collectible locations.
- Drones, sentry turrets and other mechanical enemies will appear in orange.
- Orange indicates objects you can interact with during predator mode – gratings, floor hatches, wall vents, vantage points, cables etc.
- Orange can indicates control/computer panels and cabling leading to objects that they control such as turrets, fans, etc.
- Light blue indicates destructible walls or windows that can be destroyed with Explosive Gel.