- Consume 3 One Third of Umbilical Cords
- Talk to Gehrman in the Hunter's Dream and select "Refuse"
Boss: Gehrman, the First Hunter
See Ending 2 or information on fighting Gehrman.
Note: You can use a Bold Hunter’s Mark after defeating Gehrman and viewing the cutscene to re-stash your Blood Vials and bullets for the upcoming fight, entering the fog wall to continue with the next fight.
Boss: Moon Presence
Compared to Gehrman this fight will seem rather easy, despite his aggressiveness, due to the fact that he has less health and his attacks are much more predictable.
Most of Moon Presence’s attacks can be avoided by quickstepping forward, often causing the enemy to rush past you and allowing you to attack it from behind. Keep to his sides or behind him, attacking his tentacles while you wait for him to open up his head up to attack with moves like his Overhead Whip, and make sure that you conserve stamina to back away and heal as needed.
List of Moon Presence’s attacks in Phase 1:
- Spinning Whip: Performs a 360 degree spin when you are behind it to reposition itself facing you
- Overhead Whip: Strikes forward with a whip attack for moderate damage
- Jumping Slam: Leaps across the area, slamming the ground for moderate damage
- Regeneration: Holds his head to rengenerate damage to his limbs and head
When Moon Presence reached below 70% he will become more aggressive and gain some deadly moves like his Doom Gaze. While Doom Gaze will drop you down to 1 HP, it also offers you the best chance to strike Moon Presence’s head during his long recovery, healing back a good portion of the life he takes away.
Your strategy should mostly remain the same as before, but watch out the use of Numbing Shower or Numbing Cloudburst that prevents you from using Blood Vials and can result in death. If you do find yourself unable to heal you should back off and wait until you can heal before you go back into the fray.
List of Moon Presence’s attacks in Phase 2:
- Doom Gaze: Holds his head for a second and emits a bright glow that reduces your HP to 1
- Numbing Shower: Roars into the heavens, creating multiple spheres of pink that rise from the ground and explode in a pile of blood that blocks your ability to use Blood Vials
- Numbing Cloudburst: Smashes the ground, creating a large pink sphere that rises from the ground and explodes in a pile of blood that blocks your ability to use Blood Vials
Drops: 230,000 Blood Echoes and the Old Hunter Badge