For the first half of the battle you’ll be dealing with Lorian and as the cutscene shows he lacks the ability to walk, but that doesn’t stop him. Lorian teleports around the arena in a white light, either to get closer or as part of his attack, and you’ll want to roll the moment this occurs because he does so extremely fast.
Once you understand this part of the fight the rest of Stage 1 becomes much easier, with your priority being to roll under his attacks and then strike.
Watch out for when he rises onto his legs and slams his blade down in a massive strike and don’t be afraid to back up a few feet to use an Estus Flask, just don’t go too far or he’ll teleport and slap you mid heal.
List of Lorian’s attacks in Stage 1:
- Horizontal Sweep: Sweeps his blade in a horizontal arc
- Downward Slam: Raises the blade and slams it into the ground
- Lunging Attack: Lunges forward with the top of his blade to pierce through you
- Flame Wave: Slashes upwards, creating four trails of flame that spread outward
- Raised Slam: Rises to his feet and slams down with a blade of light
When you bring Lorian to his knees his brother will come down and resurrect him, riding his back for the remainder of the fight. This is were the fight gets really nasty because not only will Lorian get addition deadly moves, but Lothric will now use magic to deal ranged damage.
Focus your attacks on the side or back of Lorian, as this will damage both twins and the objective is to kill Lothric, and keep moving. You’ll want to try and dodge Lorian’s attacks and then attack aggressively in the small window you have before Lorian strikes back.
If you bring Lorian down again you’ll want to focus on Lothric while he resurrects his brother, even though you’ll take some damage from the blast of energy released.
List of Lothric and Lorian’s attacks in Stage 2:
- Holy Flame: Charges his blade, releasing a beam of holy flame across the ground
- Soul Spear: Shoots a spear of fast magic straight ahead
- Magic Soulmass: Summons a number of small homing soulmasses
Drops: 85,000 Souls , Cinders of a Lord , Soul of the Twin Princes
Now that the Twin Princes are dead you can return to the Grand Archives and enter the section of library just before you enter the rooftops to find Orbeck’s Ashes .
Since there’s no point in giving these to the Shrine Handmaiden you can give these to Yuria in Firelink Shrine for the Morion Blade .