The first half of this fight is pretty simple due to Vordt’s slow sweeping and overhead strikes that can be easily avoided by rolling under him. Vordt’s attacks cause Frostbite, which weakens your defenses, but it isn’t especially deadly.
You should easily be able to get under his belly and behind his back to pull off a long combo, but be wary when he hops back since he sometimes follows this up with a strike to the ground. Never deplete your stamina fully, leaving a small bit for at least one roll in case of emergency, and you should plow through the first half of his life bar rather easily.
List of Vordt’s attacks in Stage 1:
- Sweep Attack: Sweeps in front of him, easily avoided by rolling under him
- Downward Slam: Slams his mace lengthwise into the ground, so roll right or left
- Sideway Slash: Rakes the ground from back to front in a wide sweeping attack
- Jumping Slam: Jumps a short distance and slams the mace into the ground
At half health Vordt will slam his mace into the ground and roar, indicating that he has entered the second stage. This will always be followed by Vordt jumping back and performing three charge attacks, which you’ll need to roll under, but as soon as he finished the third charge you’ll want to charge him and perform a devastating combo to interrupt his Ice Breath attack.
After this predictable opening he’ll switch up his attacks with dual combo attacks and slams throughout the remainder of the battle. While Vordt does perform a single Charge Attack, this version is hard to predict since he won’t jump back beforehand.
List of Vordt’s attacks in Stage 2:
- Triple Charge: Charges back and forth across the area three time
- Ice Breath: A deep breath followed by a deadly ice breath, can be interrupted
- Body Slam: Slams his whole body downward into the ground
- Dual Ram: Rams forward with his body twice, left and then right
- Charge: A single charges attack forward that is hard to predict
Drops: 3,000 Souls , Soul of Boreal Valley Vordt