Begin by going to the east side of town and you’ll find a Gulgan hiding in the forest. Near him, if you zoom in and examine the shiny thing, you’ll find one Phoenix Down .
Go west of the Moogle and examine the sparkle in the tree for a Turtle Shell , with another north of the two western houses, in the trees.
Go to the hidden path in the western trees west of the house northwest of the Inn and you’ll find an Elixir . Go to the northeastern blue-roofed house. Go into it via the back and you’ll be able to get an Elixir, and also speak with the man here for a helpful tip.
Now, let’s take a look at this Magic Shop. What are all these weird spells?
Those are Summon spells. Evokers, Sages, and Summoners are the only ones that can use them, and only Summoners, which you don’t have, can use their proper powers. Evokers and Sages get one of two random effects decided by the RNG (which is why Evokers in particular are very outclassed by Summoners when you get them).
- With **Escape** , you'll get a flee or failed attack attempt. This is a worthless spell as of now.
- With **Icen** , you'll get Sleep on all enemies, or Ice/Blizzard damage to one.
- With **Spark** , it is Paralyze for all, or Thunder/Lightning damage on one.
- With **Hyper** , it is always just basic physical damage, punch or kick.
- With **Heatra** , it is mass HP healing for all allies, or Fire damage to one enemy.
When you have done everything you need to do, you can leave.