This guide is being written with the premise of taking you from the start till the end of the game in the shortest amount of time possible. With the lone exception of one quest in AF003 New Bodhum, and completing a portion of the quests in AF400 Academia, we do all other quests after the game has been beaten. Wait for the main menu to come up, and then choose one of the following entries:
- NEW GAME starts a New Game
- LOAD GAME / CONTINUE loads a previously saved game
- DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT connects you to PSN
- BEGINNER'S PRIMER tells you about events from FFXIII
- EXTRAS installs XMB themes (Unlocked by getting certain Trophies)
- SETTINGS allows you to customise several options
Upon selecting New Game, you can choose between Normal Mode or Easy Mode .
Enemies in Easy Mode are about 20% weaker
Wound Damage in Easy Mode is automatically recovered.
5*ing a battle in Normal Mode awards Item drop 200% Up and Rare drop 200% Up bonuses
Normal Mode is associated with at least one trophy.
Whenever possible, we’ll be playing with Serah as the leader.