RUMOR: Two Xbox consoles and Xbox Game Pass coming to Switch!?

So, there's a rumor going around that next-gen Xbox consoles will be officially announced at E3 2019, with one being all-digital and the other being a powerhouse. Nicknamed the "Lockhart" and "Anaconda." The differences between the two, other than one being all-digital, is in the RAM and GPU, with the CPU and HDD having the same specs (1TB SSD).

The other rumor going around is that the Xbox Game Pass, which lets players experience games from the Xbox One game library for the low price of $9.99 a month, is going to come to the Switch. This won't be similar to the current iteration, where players can download games to their Xbox One, but it will come in the form of streaming the games, kind of like Playstation Now.

Comments

• If I were to get an Xbox if it's going to be a new console as a successor to Xbox One as all digital wouldn't interest me all that much. I'm for digital if it may be the only way to get it but if there's a physical release, more than likely I'll get physical. Not one for being against digital but feeling like a lot of times I don't truly own it when it comes to a digital release. That's just me though. Although been hearing rumors about the next PlayStation being backward compatible with PS1 - PS4, which I hope that is true.

• Below Average GamerBelow Average Gamer Member, Administrator, Subscriber

@MasterVGuides said:
    The other rumor going around is that the Xbox Game Pass, which lets players experience games from the Xbox One game library for the low price of $9.99 a month, is going to come to the Switch. This won't be similar to the current iteration, where players can download games to their Xbox One, but it will come in the form of streaming the games, kind of like Playstation Now.

Are you saying that this service would be similar to the Game Pass, but for Switch, or that it literally is the Game Pass and would allow Switch users to play Xbox One games?

• MasterVGuidesMasterVGuides Member, Subscriber

The rumor is that it's literally the Game Pass and would allow Switch owners to play Xbox One games. Of course, it couldn't be its current iteration, as the Switch is definitely not as powerful as the Xbox One, plus the games' devs would essentially have to port them over. However, it would be done via streaming, similar to how Playstation Now does it, so it wouldn't be on the hardware side.

• haeravonhaeravon Member, Subscriber

I have no interest in a digital-only console, and even less interest in streaming games. Unless Microsoft is going to do something about internet speeds and prices, this magical all-digital future is just the greed-dream of sheltered coastal elites.

• Below Average GamerBelow Average Gamer Member, Administrator, Subscriber

Eh, I don't mind a digital-only system; I can't even remember the last time I bought a physical copy of a game (or other software) for my Mac. And since I tend to move to different continents now and then, not having to drag physical media around with me is a benefit.

But yes, game streaming is a no-go for any real-time game.

• haeravonhaeravon Member, Subscriber

@Below Average Gamer said:
    Eh, I don't mind a digital-only system; I can't even remember the last time I bought a physical copy of a game (or other software) for my Mac. And since I tend to move to different continents now and then, not having to drag physical media around with me is a benefit.

When's the last time physical games were sold on Mac?

• SophiaSophia Member, Administrator, Subscriber
    edited March 2019

O> @haeravon said:

@Below Average Gamer said:

When's the last time physical games were sold on Mac?

The last one I bought was Warcraft II back in 1996. I remember cause it took 2 months to arrive! I was a very upset 10 year old waiting that long! Back then shipping was terrible :o