What games are you excited for in 2019?

So, we're relatively early in 2019 right now, so we don't know all of the games that are going to be released just yet, but there are some big titles being released soon or have been announced for the year. What games are everyone looking forward to for this year, either those already announced or ones you might think will be coming out?

I know Devil May Cry 5 looks super interesting to me, although I may not get it day one. Outer Worlds by Obsidian looks really good, though, and I've been itching for a game like that, since Fallout 76 was a bust. Sekiro also looks very good, although some people might be thrown off from the "difficulty" of From Software's other games. One game that looks interesting to me, although I'm not too sure about, is One Piece: World Seeker, which is an open world action-adventure title set in the One Piece world.

Comments

• SophiaSophia Member, Administrator, Subscriber

Devil May Cry 5 looks really good. I'm also interested to see what news/developments happen with the Final Fantasy VII remake this year. Conan Unconquered and Days Gone also look promising.

• ben_chardben_chard Member, Subscriber

Really excited for Devil May Cry 5, huge fan of the games so it's great to see it make a comeback. Looking forward to Outer Worlds too, looks interesting and it's good to see Obsidian receive a decent budget for one of their games. Also interested in some of the upcoming multiplayer games, Anthem looks good although I do have my reservations about it and The Division 2 beta was fun and I was a fan of the first.

• haeravonhaeravon Member, Subscriber

Definitely The Outer Worlds. Hopefully it's good, because it looks like my kind of game.

• MasterVGuidesMasterVGuides Member, Subscriber

Yeah, hopefully we will see something about FF7 Remake this year, but who knows with Nomura in charge of it.

• ClaireClaire Member, Administrator, Subscriber

The Outerworlds, Days Gone, DMC 5 (finally a proper successor), if Anthem can fix some of its issues, then it actually intrigues me. It felt very familiar when I played the demo so hopefully they can make it better.

• skaithius10skaithius10 Member, Subscriber

Really looking forward to Outer Worlds. Have been an Obsidian Fan since KOTOR TSL. Also, The Last of Us 2.

Gonna add Fire Emblem: Three Houses to the mix.

• MasterVGuidesMasterVGuides Member, Subscriber

@haeravon said:

That'd require you to get a Switch though :tongue:

@MasterVGuides said:

@haeravon said:

It's gonna happen.

@haeravon said:

@MasterVGuides said:

@haeravon said:

It's gonna happen.

I bought a Vita just so I could play Persona 4 Golden :D

@skaithius10 said:

@haeravon said:

@MasterVGuides said:

@haeravon said:

It's gonna happen.

I bought a Vita just so I could play Persona 4 Golden :D

I just got a Vita for X-Mas. Had over 100 games for it because of PS+, figured I might as well. Persona 4 is one of the games I purchased for the system, though. It's a neat little device, shame Sony smothered it in its crib.

I got a Vita for Remote Play at the time hahaha. There's some great games for it though.

• Looking forward to Mortal Kombat 11. After playing Devil May Cry 5 demo as that may be one game I probably be looking at getting but probably not on day one.

@Aanginator said:
    Looking forward to Mortal Kombat 11. After playing Devil May Cry 5 demo as that may be one game I probably be looking at getting but probably not on day one.

How was the DMC5 demo? Did you enjoy it? :)

• I say I enjoyed it. Been a while since I played any of the DMC games in general but loved the feel of it. I kind do have high hopes for the full release.

@Aanginator said:
    I say I enjoyed it. Been a while since I played any of the DMC games in general but loved the feel of it. I kind do have high hopes for the full release.

I'm just happy they're making a proper Devil May Cry again and it looks like it's sticking to the old style fairly well. The remake thing they did with DmC was just...eww.

Also really looking forward to the next God of War installments.

• ShaneShane Member, Subscriber

I'm really looking forward to Borderlands 3

edited June 2019

@ArtemisChasma said:
    I'm really looking forward to Borderlands 3

Yeah I'm looking forward to this one too. Looks like a really nice iteration of the series. Graphics look very pretty and the game itself is always a fairly relaxing and numerous adventure.

• AanginatorAanginator Member
    edited June 2019

Although with games that may have been announced between the beginning of the year and now. Couple of which that have my interest in some way, Medievil and Detective Pikachu 2. There are probably others as I can't think of them off the top of my head right now on it. Heard of a new Mega Man game is supposed to be in the works but haven't heard much since like earlier in the year on that.

EDIT: As mentioned there'd probably be one or so I'd forget in original post. Nearly forgot about Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair.