Stamina is an important attribute of Lords of the Fallen. As with Dark Souls, Stamina is consumed by running, blocking, rolling or swinging your weapon and Harkyn can only perform these functions when there is stamina available and because of this, managing your Stamina bar is essential to success in the title.
As there are a few nuances to the system, here are some helpful hints about Stamina:
- Harkyn’s stamina bar does recharge fairly quickly and can be further expanded by spending skill points into the Endurance attribute when levelling up.
- The larger and heavier a weapon is, the more stamina it will consume during a swing.
- Linking or chaining attacks together in a combo by executing an additional attack as the first is ending will slightly reduce the stamina cost of subsequent swings. You can chain attacks together until interrupted or you run out of Stamina.
- Stamina will be consumed instead of health during blocking until the bar is depleted (or unless you are attempting to block an unblockable attack).
- Holding down the block button will prevent the stamina bar from re-charging. As such, you should only hold it down when you are certain of an attack and release it again as soon as possible to recover.
- Running and jumping will use Stamina.