To start this quest, head southeast from where the Tempest rests at Prodromos to find a building, outside of which is a Terminal. On this Terminal you can read the message "Lost Drones", which will start this quest. You should know how this quest works by now - go to various navpoints across the map, find search zones, play "hot/cold" with the search bar at the top of the screen and scan and mark the locations of the Malfunctioning Drones when you find them.
- First, the easy one: you'll find one in the hills northeast of Site 1, which is the sole drone east of Prodromos.
- Southwest of Prodromos you'll find another drone, in the Outland Spire area, near an unrelated smoke plume.
- Follow the road west, then south through the Outland Spire area to reach a Forward Station, then drive uphill to the west, then northish to find another Forward Station on Sawtooth Plateau. From this Forward Station you'll need to head west, northwest off some cliffs to reach some high ground south of the southern end of the Presson Dunes. Along some cliffs, south of a Kett wreckage, you'll find another crashed drone.
- The fourth and fifth drones are near the Forward Station along the eastern edge of the Presson Dunes, one to the northeast, and one to the west, southwest. The easiest way to reach the northeastern one is to drive through the nearby cave, turn south along the road, then southwest off the road and up a slope, ultimately turning north to reach the high ground above the cave. Continue north until you reach a valley between two peaks, north of which is a Kett camp (where you may just find a Remnant Data Core Node - scanning it will start the quest "Task: Data Trail") south of which is a Remnant structure. This drone is along the eastern end of this valley, hidden behind some rocks to the north.
- From the Forward Station on the eastern edge of the Presson Dunes drive west, southwest to find another drone atop a small ridge, just south of a crashed (and smoking) Kett vessel.
- The last crashed probe is along the northwestern reaches of the Presson Dunes, just... lying out in the open. Scan it, place a beacon and enjoy your 530 XP, 29 AVP and +2% Eos viability.