Things don’t start out too well at the beginning of this chapter, with Doloran’s plan supposedly succeeding. When you finally regain control, you will need to speak with Batu and the others to hear their report. Lots more will happen, with you learning a bit about the history of Doloran and the plan of action to come. Of course, all of that can be put on the backburner, because it’s the start of a new chapter and sidequest time!
The first sidequest you might want to go after is located in Hermit’s Hollow, which is a cave in the Ding Dong Dell region; it’s north and a little east of the town. The rest of the sidequests are found in the usual places, in the towns, from Swift Solutions and finally, in Evermore. It’s always best to save Evermore until after you’ve finished all of the others, since you won’t need to revisit it later.
– 122 Ya Pi, the Proud Soldier
– 123 The Goddess of Good Luck
– 124 Callianeira, Priestess of Water
– 125 Trey’s Missing Memolith
– 126 Jared, the Elite Officer
– 127 Alexis, the Hard-Nosed Cop
– 128 Norbert, the Future Historian
– 129 Klaus, the Master Merchant
– 130 Raxel, One-Eyed Mercenrary
– 131 The Engraver’s Riddle
– 132 Grimm’s Determination
– 133 Ritter’s Got Tailor’s Block!
– 134 Pollution Solution
– 135 The Misunderstood Magician
– 136 Kitty, the Bubbly Baker
– 137 The People’s Patissiere
– 138 Marlene, Good Girl Gone Bad
– 139 Lady Trudy, Charming Farmer
– 140 Taming Tyger
– 141 The Tainted Wyvern
– 142 The Perfect Present
– 143 Make My Sister Smile Again
– 144 The Dark Side of Development
– 145 Fresh Fish Suppers for All!
– 146 Time for Tea
– 147 The Bandits are Back… Again!
– 148 Power Dressing
– 149 An Unexpected Windfall
– 150 On Cold Ground
– 151 Almost Too Good to Be True…
– 152 Ding-Dong vs. Ding Dong Dell
– 153 A Gruff, Gruff Grandad
– 154 Nu Bi’s Crisis of Confidence
– 155 Toil and Trouble
– 156 Longing for Lustrous Locks
– 157 Wish Upon a Stone
Sword of Union
Whew, that was certainly a lot of sidequests, but you’re inching ever closer to the end of them all and it’s time to get back to the main story. Your current objective is to head to the library in Goldpaw to look for details of the Sword of Union. Speak with Boddly, who mentions that books from that long ago do not exist, but a stone tablet does. Head on over to the alcove with Boddly to see the strange stone, but she could never decipher the writing on it. Boddly says that maybe Li Li can help figure out what it says, so travel back to Evermore and talk with her. She can remove the encryption on it, but needs some seeing sand from the Drylands.
Note: You will get a new Leafbook posting at this time, which is Treasure Time: Part Five. It is located in the Midstream Tunnels section of the Old Well dungeon, inside of the small tunnel located in the picture. The item you receive is a High Heal Pendant.
Li Li will mark three points on your map as to where the seeing sand is located. There’s no indication of an item, but walk around at each point until you happen upon an exclamation point. The seeing sand will always be located at the final location you search, so you will have to look for all three. Bring the sand back to Li Li in Evermore, then wait until she’s finished deciphering the tablet. It doesn’t take too long (there’s a short scene until it is deciphered), and you find out the location of this so called Mornstar sword, the Coldera in Jack Frost’s Playground.