Traditionally, there are some Pokémon that cannot be obtained by simply playing the game itself ("normal gameplay", as Nintendo describes). Such Pokémon include the Mythical Pokémon - Pokémon so rare you don’t need them to complete the Pokédex.
Instead, these Pokémon are occasionally distributed during special events, for a limited amount of time. Besides Mythical Pokémon, normal Pokémon with special traits may also be distributed via events, such as Steven’s Shiny Beldum.
The nature of the events vary, but they can generally be grouped into a few types, most of which correspond to the delivery option in the Mystery Gift menu.
- **Internet** : The easiest and most accessible type of event; simply connect your 3DS/2DS to the internet and you can instantly download the latest event Pokémon.
- **Local** : This requires physically visiting the site of the event, then using your 3DS/2DS's local wireless to download the Pokémon being distributed.
- **Infra-Red** : Same as Local, but you must instead align your 3DS/2DS's infra-red sensor with the distribution machine's sensor. (This type of event is very rare.)
- **Serial Code** : When you receive a serial code from the actual event (can be online or on-site), you can redeem the code by connecting your 3DS/2DS to the Internet.
- **StreetPass** : New to Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, if somebody has the **Eon Ticket** and StreetPass enabled, should you StreetPass that person you will receive the Eon Ticket yourself.
Note : Internet and Serial Code events are region-locked, but the others aren’t (so if you’re on vacation in Japan, you can retrieve a Local event Pokémon with your American or European 3DS/2DS).
Furthermore, most event Pokémon can only be received once per save file . (Deleting the Wonder Card does not allow you to receive it again.)
As we hinted, to receive the event Pokémon, go to the Mystery Gift option when starting the game and pick the corresponding method for your event. Then open your game and speak to the blue delivery girl inside any Pokémon Centre.
To find out when an event is currently on-going, coming soon or near you, you can check out the official Pokémon website (or any good Pokémon site in general).
Below is a list of all the current and past event Pokémon for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. For your convenience (and sanity), we have only included Pokémon available in American (NTSC) and European (PAL) territories.
Type : Internet
Region : Worldwide
Period : 21st November 2014 to 14th January 2015
Beldum and the Metagrossite can be obtained in the game itself, but both are gotten very late. Plus this Beldum is shiny! If you need to fill a space in your team, Beldum would be a great Pokémon to add (and because it belongs to someone else, it will gain experience much quicker).
Type : StreetPass
Region : Worldwide
Period : Always on-going
The original Eon Tickets were given out in serial code or other form, but from there, any person who has an Eon Ticket and StreetPass enabled will automatically gift it to other Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire players via StreetPass, so long as the recipient (AKA you) has StreetPass enabled.
The ticket itself allows you to revisit the Southern Island and catch Latios or Latias - the one you couldn’t catch earlier (so Latias for Omega Ruby and Latios for Alpha Sapphire). Nice if you live near a busy area; otherwise, you can always trade for the Latios/Latias.