First, note that, as you walk along the long path to the main building, you will find a Mewtwonite Y next to the doorway outside.
Welcome to the Pokémon League, the pinnacle of Pokémon Training for most in-game Pokémon Trainers. Beyond these doors, you will fight five Trainers in consecutive order. These Trainers are the Elite Four and the Pokémon League Champion.
Much like the Pokémon Gyms of days past, these Trainers will all also specialize in specific, albeit different types. The purpose of this discussion is help bring to light what you should do in preparation for the five consecutive battles ahead.
Firstly, in terms of items. Generally, you’ll probably want these cumulatively:
- Full Heals: 5~10
- Hyper Potions: 15~30
- Revives: 10~20
Secondly comes your need for Pokémon. There are five specializations altogether throughout the Elite Four: Dark, Ghost, Ice, Dragon, and Steel. Here are some basic analyses based on simple pinpointing of weaknesses:
- **Dark** : This team will easily be beaten by spamming Fighting or Fairy Pokémon. Bug Pokémon will also work particularly well.
- **Ghost** : Dark Pokémon work best here, as would a good Ghost Pokémon, though it would have to be pretty bulky. If you don't have a good Dark Pokémon (Absol is more or less the only good one at this point), you can always just use your Lati or starter and use STAB.
- **Ice** : By far the easiest of the three, her Ice Pokémon are not particularly strong as they most will focus on bulk. Fire and Steel Pokémon by far are overpoweringly effective, and Rock and Fighting Pokémon also work well.
- **Dragon** : We have mentioned throughout the guide to get a good Dragon or Fairy Pokémon mostly for this one battle. Your Lati will suffice if you kept it, though a Fairy Pokémon - Mawile and Azumarill in particular - work even better.
- **Steel** : Another weakness-piercing fight. Here, Fire is overwhelmingly effective, and Fighting and Ground also work well though Fighting will be in trouble for a few specific instances.
Thus, you can generalize your ideal party to the following:
- A good Fighting Pokémon (e.g. Breloom, Hariyama, Medicham)
- A good Ghost or Dark Pokémon (e.g. Banette with Banettite, Absol with Absolite)
- A good Fire Pokémon (e.g. Blaziken, Arcanine, Ninetales, Camerupt with Cameruptite)
- A good Dragon Pokémon (e.g. Latios, Latias, Salamence, Hydreigon, Haxorus)
- Anything else you want: this slot ideally would be a starter or Lati
- Anything else you want: this slot ideally would house your Primal Legendary Pokémon
- **Dark** : Blaziken to begin with, Gardevoir if he falls
- **Ghost** : Gardevoir with Shadow Ball
- **Ice** : Blaziken; Pikachu with Brick Break and Meteor Mash works as a secondary
- **Dragon** : Latios and Gardevoir (Latios is much more powerful, so We'll be spamming him initially at least)
- **Steel** : Blaziken and Pikachu
In any case, that’s about it. When you feel you’re ready, go through the doors for the final challenge!