Chapter 5: City Under Attack
After successfully locating Simmons, Leon and Helena find themselves thrown in chaos as the city is attacked by a C-virus bomb.
#17. On a shelf against the right wall when you first enter the building to escape the C-virus mist.
#18. In a van to the left upon seeing the BSAA Zombies.
#19. After escaping the helicopter but before going into the next door, look for it to the right, inside of some small cabinets.
#20. After the zombies detain Simmons, go around the stairs and find the emblem to the left.
|Rank||Accuracy:||Allowed Deaths:||Completion Time:||Enemies Killed:|
Follow the BSAA soldier and quickly make your way around the corner. The C-virus gas turns everyone into a zombie, and this time it can also turn you into one, so avoid it. Upstairs, kick in the door and turn right immediately, rushing up the stairs, entering the right door. Safety? Not quite, the gas will spread through the windows soon enough, so search the room VERY quickly for the following items: [ 9MM AMMO x2 ] on the small table, [ 12-GAUGE SHELLS ] on the other low table, a [ WOODEN CRATE ], a [ WOODEN BOX ], and a [ RED HERB ] (in the back near the counter; be fast).
Rush upstairs and immediately up the next flight of stairs. Search the place for [ WOODEN CRATES x3 ] and wait for the doors to open. You’ll have to fight a few zombies (to keep you entertained) in the meantime. Dash through the corridors and loot the [ WOODEN CRATE x3 ]. A very large horde of zombies chases you. It’s quite possible to stay around and defend yourself against all of them until they’re all dead, but it takes a few minutes (it does make the next scene funny however). Head through the double doors whenever you feel like it and move into the car.
After the ride, climb over to the other side. The chopper helps you fight off the zombies (which you can thin out until the game forces you to go into the alley). Crawl into the corridor and loot the contents of the [ WOODEN BOX x2 ] there. Move through the building and defeat the two BSAA zombies in the area with the jeep (where you healed Helena, remember?). Aim for their head, then move in for the melee kill. You can find [ WOODEN BOXES x2 ] around here, as well as a [ GREEN HERB ] in the jeep.
Head through the door and go downstairs a little. A batch of zombies approaches, so place a remote bomb on the stairs and timely detonate it to destroy the whole pack. Alternatively an incendiary grenade works wonders too. If you don’t have either, you’ll unfortunately have to blast your way through.
Head through the door at the end. As you already knew, the city is in chaos. Shoot some zombies down the road, then hop onto the streets and slaughter some more zombies. Soon enough the way is cleared and the scene that you’ve already seen before unfolds once again. GET TO THE CHOPPER!! (Schwarzenegger voice from Predator, obviously.) Inside the chopper, do what you have to do; you know the drill. Fix your ride, save the lady, smash into stuff, making it out alive without a scratch, that’s what Leon does, you know?
After the scene, look around for [ WOODEN BOXES x5 ] before heading through the doors.
After hopping down to the area below a scene plays, then a boss fight starts.
Boss Battle: Simmons - Second Form (T-Rex)
- Below are several tips for you to consider during this boss battle. There are many items you can pick up in this area. If you move around the area in clockwise fashion, you should be able to find the following batches of boxes and items near the walls:
[ WOODEN CRATE x3 ]
[ WOODEN CRATE x2
[ WOODEN CRATE x4 ]
[ WOODEN BOX x3 ]
[ WOODEN CRATE x2 ] + [ WOODEN BOX ]
- And there are even more items in the area:
[ WOODEN CRATE x2 ] next to the red petrol carrier.
Destroy Various Vehicles and Find [ FIRST AID SPRAY ] in the open area.
- Simmons is faster than ever, so keep a lot distance. Don't hide behind small cars either; he'll slam them against you.
- Just like before, hurting Simmons causes him to transform back to his human form. Dash ram into him and hurt him more to make him kneel, then press the melee button for a special type of melee. On the higher difficulties you'll need to tap really fast in order get it right, however. Don't worry if it doesn't stick; you can still hurt Simmons in plenty other ways.
- There are several explosive barrels in the area. Shooting these when Simmons is close will greatly damage him. If he transforms back, you know what to do.
- It might be tempting to unload your magnum on him. If you have a LOT of ammo for it, help yourself, but save a little for later!
- Ada fights Simmons from a chopper, which tends to keep him occupied. Simmons can still attack the chopper, so if you're playing online, lure him towards yourself every now and then.
- After depleting some of Simmons' health, the BSAA soldier returns. When you're inside the truck, try to shoot Simmons' eye as much as possible; it's his weak spot. Hitting his other body parts still hurts him though.
- In the last stage of the fight, placing remote bombs near the obelisk is a great idea. Luring Simmons towards them isn't too hard, and by staying close to the obelisk you practically render yourself invulnerable. The bombs greatly damage him, which is always a good thing.
After defeating Simmons a cutscene plays. You’ll have to hoist yourself up by doing the same thing as back in the plane: Hold both triggers down, release the left trigger and hold it again, release the right trigger and hold it again, etc. Mastering it is easy, you just have to get it right first.
Ada appears to be in trouble. Damage Simmons from afar, but keep an eye on your surroundings; a few zombies will spawn. After this you’ll need to hoist yourself up again, but this time you’ll want to hurry it up - Simmons will soon be chasing you. Fortunately Ada shoots him several times, saving your hide. A scene plays when you reach the top. Afterwards you’ll find yourself up against Simmons again, this time in what looks similar to his first form.
You’re fighting alongside Ada, with Helena helping from the vantage point in the building. Simmons packs quite a punch, and you’ll want to avoid his tail grapple, but his ram attack is equally painful. To make matters worse, several zombies roam the area. Fortunately there’s plenty of moving space, so keep a fair distance and strike him with your Shotgun and Magnum (but again, save a few of those precious bullets if you can). As usual, hurting Simmons makes him transform to his humanoid form, allowing you to perform the special melee attack for extra damage.
After defeating Simmons a few scenes will play, after which you’re up against… surprise, Simmons! Immediately take cover, as his tail attack covers a ridiculous distance. Take out a few zombies, then move in for a few hits and take cover again. He uses his tail attack in the rhythm all the time, so it’s easy to predict when it strikes. Nonetheless it’s still a dangerous and powerful attack. You can loot the [ WOODEN CRATE x2 ] and [ WOODEN BOX ] on the other side; just be careful not to get hit. Empty a few clips of your Shotgun on Simmons (and perhaps a few magnum bullets if you can spare them, or even a remote bomb!), which ought to weaken him enough.
Before heading upstairs, loot the [ WOODEN CRATE ] and [ WOODEN BOX ] in the corner.
Head to the roof and loot the [ WOODEN CRATES x3 ] at the end of the walkway. Continue and head downstairs. Before kicking in the door with your partner, loot the [ WOODEN BOXES x2 ] in the corner. Don’t miss the [ WOODEN CRATE ] and [ WOODEN BOX ] on the right side of the next area behind the door either. Climb up the platform, reload your guns and boost Helena up.
Leon falls into a carriage and Helena will have to get it moving. Simply shoot 'Simmons' in his head and try to avoid his spit attack. Soon enough you’ll be able to exit.
Here, fight off the zombies and loot the [ WOODEN BOX x2 ] in the corner, then kick in the door. There are [ WOODEN CRATES x2 ] and a [ WOODEN BOX ] in this place. Head up the ladder and smash the [ WOODEN BOX x2 ] and [ WOODEN CRATE ] in the corner before dropping down.
Boss Battle: Simmons - Final Form (Giant Fly)
This is the final boss battle in Leon’s campaign. Below are tips to get you through the fight.
- There are, of course, several items to be found in this place. You can find [ **WOODEN BOXES x2** ] and a [ **WOODEN CRATE** ] to the far right, [ **WOODEN BOXES x2** ] and a [ **WOODEN CRATE** ] in the upper left corner, and [ **WOODEN CRATES x3** ] in the far right corner.
- There are various zombies roaming the area. Simmons needs them to feed his mutated body while you need them yourself for defeating him.
- The orange bulbs on the back of the creature's belly can be shot to inflict damage. The magnum is a particularly great weapon to damage Simmons, but other weapons such as the shotgun and machinegun also work fine.
- The creature regenerates by feeding itself zombies. There's a lightning conductor lying around with which you can impale zombies. Do so and damage Simmons until it grabs the rod. A thunderbolt will strike, greatly damaging him.
- Keep damaging Simmons after impaling yet another zombie; repeat this procedure three times and he'll fall to the ground with his vulnerable head exposed. Make sure you've impaled one of the zombies with the rod, then unload your magnum or any other weapon onto his head. Simmons will grab the impaled zombie and effectively sticks the rod in his own head, lethally damaging him, ending the fight.
- Alternatively you can drag the lightning conductor towards the weakened Simmons and impale his head with it directly.
After the beast takes the lightning hit to the head, follow the path to the chopper. Once you get near it you’ll see another scene. Afterwards, grab the nearby RPG and aim it at Simmons eye… it’s pretty hard to miss as he just sits there waiting for you. Go ahead and fire, then sit back and watch the scenes that come afterward.
Congrats on beating Leon Kennedy’s campaign!