There are 15 naval contracts in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and all of them have you performing various tasks in the Jackdaw. These objectives range from destroying target ships, plundering various materials from enemy ships, engaging in large scale naval battles and escorting friendlies.
Naval contracts become available once you have completed the 'The Forts' mission in Memory sequence 05. Additional missions will be unlocked as you liberate forts throughout the Caribbean. The naval contracts appear on fort docks and are marked by a circular skull icon.
Here are a couple of quick hints and tips to get through these missions quietly:
- Upon starting each contract, the game will give you a difficulty rating. You should upgrade your ship as much as possible before taking on the higher difficulty missions.
- Upgrade your mortars and mortar storage. These are hands-down the most deadly weapon in your arsenal and if utilised correctly can deal large amounts of damage or sink most ships before they even get close to you.
- For completing all of the assassin contracts you will unlock the **Golden Flintlock Pistols** .
- For completing all of the Naval contracts, you will unlock the ' **Sea Legs** ' achievement/trophy.
- For completing all 15 Naval contracts you will earn the design plans – **Grey Sails** .
- For completing all 15 Naval contracts you will earn the design plans – **Aquila’s Wheel** .
Complete all naval contracts.