In front of you is a fog gate and it leads to a boss - that Dark Souls 1 fans will most certainly remember…
Boss Fight - Old Dragonslayer
Seems Ornstein is back (although thankfully without his hammer-wielding companion this time), and with the right approach he’s not as troublesome as he was in Dark Souls 1.
- Stick close to him wherever possible and roll past his lunges (which also happen to have rather long cool down periods); presenting plenty of time to get a few solid hits in.
- If you see him summoning purple mist **roll away ASAP!** He'll jump up and land with a massive dark energy attack that will do serious damage if you're within range.
- Ideally you'll have a shield and one-handed weapon so you can absorb any swipe attacks from his lance (it goes right around his sides). Then switch to two-handed for a counter-attack (or two).
- If his lances goes purple it's time to roll sideways out of the line of the dark energy shots.
- If you're feeling bold and brave then you can even parry his non-charged lance attacks (but it's far from easy to nail the timings for it).
With your old adversary back in the ground where he belongs, it’s time to head outside and open the chests for [3 x Cracked Blue Eye Orbs] a [Heide Knight Iron Mask] and the [Tower Shield] .
The guy in front of you is Targray and he’ll only entertain you if you have a Token of Fidelity on you (earned from killing an invader or from finding one hidden in Huntsman’s Copse). Turn around, head left down the stairs and light the Bonfire down here.