Boss Fight - Throne Watcher and Throne Defender
By bringing in some help you’ll not only even up the numbers some-what but they can also prove to be a useful distraction.
The most important thing to remember during this battle is that if you ‘kill’ one of them then the other one will go over to revive them! Clearly this can be something of a problem; so what’s better is to try and get them both almost equally low on health at the same time.
This means that once one of them is down then it doesn’t take many hits to finish off the last boss (and they won’t retaliate as they’re trying to revive).
- **BOTH** bosses are weak to **poison** attacks so if you've got something like **Poison Mist** then you can deal loads of damage without actually getting too close.
- The W *atcher* (boss in white) is the fastest one and likes to dash around the arena slicing everything up.
- Pretty much of their attacks can be parried; opening them up for more critical attacks.
- The *Watcher* also has the least amount of health (making it more likely it'll go down first). Therefore if you've summoned help do your best to focus on the *Defender* (in black).
- If you bring poison **and** summons into this fight then it'll be **much** easier!
As soon as both of them are dead then the screen will soon fade to black and it’s on to the final boss!
Boss Fight - Nashandra
The final boss isn’t exactly super-difficult (sadly). The main considerations are the cursed beacons that appear around her. If you get too close for too long you’ll get cursed; so you can destroy them one-at-a-time to make your life easier.
Or you can lure her away from them and attack with ranged combat whilst she’s inside the beacons. Her laser beam can be side-stepped (if moving forwards) or rolled under (if moving sideways).
If you like your action close-up then bring a 100% physical damage (and as much dark resistance as possible) with you and her Scythe will actually miss you on most attacks if you get super close to her (as you’ll see in our video).
Just get ready to run if you see her chest glowing as that indicates she’s ready to do an area-of-effect attack.
Keep it up, claim her soul and then approach the back of the room to trigger the cut-scene! Congratulations on beating Dark Souls 2! (Now go finish it without dying or using any bonfires - there’s cool rewards for doing these challenges too you know)…