This quest is given to you by the archaeologist in Fairfax Gardens in Bowerstone. It consists of fourteen tasks that will have you visiting all of Albion.
Part 1: Locationg the Scrolls
For the first thirteen parts of the side-quest the archaeologist will give you a scroll that you can read to interpret a vague clue about the location of a buried treasure that she requires. You need to then travel to the correct area and then when you are close enough to the target, follow your dog to the site of the buried treasure.
Note that It is a good idea to complete as much of this quest as possible before you finish the game as depending on your decisions made towards the end of the game, you may have trouble locating them afterwards.
For each of the following locations simply enter the area and the dog will locate it for you:
- Location 1 - Bowerstone Old Town
- Location 2 - Rookridge (Near Bowerstone Road entrance)
- Location 3 - Bowerstone Cemetary (Near the Shelley Crypt entrance)
- Location 4 - Oakfield (Close to the Temple of Light)
- Location 5 - Bower Lake (Close to the Gypsy Camp)
- Location 6 - Brightwood (Close to Brightwood Tower)
- Location 7 - The Bandit Coast
- Location 8 - Westcliff (Close to the Westcliff Camp)
- Location 9 - Rookridge (Fast travel to the Hobbe Cave and then exit to the beach. Turn right and swim out to the island in the distance. Enter the cave here.)
- Location 10 - Wraithmarsh (Close to the Drowned Farm)
- Location 11 - Bloodstone
- Location 12 - Guild Cave
- Location 13 - Bloodstone (In Reaver's Rear Passage, only available after completing the main quest line)
**Part 2: Find the Ancient Treasure**
After acquiring all of the scrolls, the archaeologist is able to open the door at the bottom of the excavation site in Fairfax gardens and asks you to clear it out. Make your way down the stairs into the chamber and approach the chest. As you do you will be attacked by two spire shards. Defeat them to open the chest and acquire the Archon’s Dream, a valuable gem that is worth 100,000 gold pieces.
Return it to the archaeologist or keep it. If you decide you want to keep it you will have to kill the archaeologist and will earn + 50 evil morality points in the process. If you give it to the archaeologist she will give you 50,000 gold pieces for your trouble and you will earn +50 good morality points.