Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is a stealth game first and foremost and as such, you will need to get into the sneaky mindset if you wish to taste the most amount of success in all that it has to offer. As this is the case, before you get stuck into the campaign, here are a few hints and tips to help you adjust to the game and make your way through some sticky situations a little more easily.
- Use your binoculars to mark everybody as soon as you see them. This will make sneaking into and out of the base much easier as you can track enemy movements and time your own with more precision.
- Sneaking up on and grabbing guards not only lets you dispose of them quietly, but you can also interrogate them to learn the location of various collectibles, ammo and other guard locations.
- Don’t be afraid to crawl! On hard, crawling is one of the best ways to get around as it reduces a guards visibility greatly. Especially if hidden in grass.
- Shooting out or disabling the security cameras will trigger a guard to investigate it, usually by himself. If this tactic is used well, it can present an opportunity to take an enemy down out of sight of other guards.
- Explore, explore, explore! There are multiple routes to reach most locations and objectives, so if one way isn’t working for you, try looking around for an alternate route. Heck, you might even discover a better route than the guide provides you with!
- Always hide your bodies. There is nothing worse than sneaking all the way through the base to get an update that enemies have gone onto alert because a body has been discovered.
- Use transportation to get around. If you can sneak into an APC, you will be able to travel the base undetected as you please. You can also hop into the flatbed at the back of truks to have guards drive you around.
- You do not have to extract by helicopter. There are ground exits located across the bridge at the eastern side of the heliport and to the west of the execution ground where you can exit the map on foot or via driven vehicle to complete a mission.