S Rank Tips
Achieving an ‘S’ Rank in the Ground Zeroes is dependent on a number of things. Firstly you should disable the reflex mode from the gameplay menu – this will grant you an instant boost to your score at the mission’s end. Obviously you do not want to be spotted and you will want to not kill anybody.
The following bonuses will be added to your score at the end of the level if you are able to meet the requirements as you move through the mission.
- 0 Combat Alerts = +5,250
- 0 Kills = +3,500
- 0 Retries = +5,250
- No Reflex = +5,250
- Prisoners Rescued = +21,000 (6 at +3,500 each)
- Escaped Prisoner Recovered = +3,500
Below you'll find a video detailing an S-Rank run through the mission. If you wish to try it yourself first, the following will give you a brief step-by-step to consider:
- Ignore the XOF Patch and Casette locations, if you want to pick them up, do so in another run of the mission, time is crucial and you don’t want to waste it by picking up collectibles!
- You should rescue all of the prisoners from the prison compound along with Chico. Extract them before proceeding.
- Ignore the optional task to save the prisoner to be executed.
- After rescuing Chico and take the truck into the admin building area.
- Turn off the power and clear the courtyard and boiler rooms of enemies. Work your way down into the basement and rescue Paz.
- Backtrack through the admin area, neutralising the pair of new guards that have appeared.
- Stick Paz in the truck. At this point, pull out your iDroid and summon a helicopter to the mission start location. Hop into the truck and drive to the mission start location.
- Unlock the gate and run up the hill to the start location and get on the chopper to complete the mission.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - (Main Mission) Ground Zeroes Mission S-Rank Walkthrough