Note: Wherever you are, use the Balld of Gales to warp you to Outset Island.
Here, refill a bottle with Elixir Soup if needed (if it is half-full, drink it anyways and then refill it!) and learn the Hurricane Spin from Orca if you have ten Knight’s Crests.
Now, I want you to do something for a Piece of Heart . Go up the hill to where you brought the pigs at the beginning of the game. There will be a large black pig in their place (seems someone got hungry!). Now, that you have the Power Bracelets, pick it up and go to one of the black spots of soil. Put the pig down and spread some All-Purpose Bait nearby (if you have been marking the islands, you should have plenty).
The pig will likely dig into the soil and bring something up (the Piece of Heart, Rupees, or item refills). There are four or five spots in all (one is up the hill to the fairy forest). One spot, when dug up, will give a Piece of Heart. When ready, set the wind to blow east and sail one quadrant east to Headstone Island .
When you get to the island, disembark and head to the large stone head. Pick it up and throw it to reveal the entrance. Go inside.
Inside, the room is lit up by torches, revealing a large stone slab inside. Marked on it, you’ll find directions for the Wind Waker. Whip it out and play the song inscribed to learn the Earth God’s Lyric.
Hmmm… who do we know that plays a harp? Let’s see, it was way back, on Dragon Roost… It’s Medli! Exit the cave, enter the boat, and use the Ballad of Gales to teleport to Dragon Roost Island.
Dragon Roost Island
Go to the second floor and use an exit there to go back outside, just higher. Follow the wooden bridge to the right and you’ll find a gap. Look up to find a stick you can use the Grappling Hook on. Swing across, head left, and climb up the ladder to find the harp player - Medli!
When you approach Medli, she is happy that you are still okay. Go near her and whip out that Wind Waker. Medli then asks you to conduct her. Play the Earth God’s Lyric, and Medli will have a violent reaction.
At the end of the cut-scene, you and Medli are in the boat. Warp to Outset Island via the Ballad of Gales.
Here, refill a bottle with Elixir Soup if needed (if it is half-full, drink it anyways and then refill it!) and learn the Hurricane Spin from Orca if you have ten Knight’s Crests, if needed. When ready, set the wind to blow eastward and then sail one quadrant east to Headstone Island .
Once you reach the island, the King of Red Lions instructs you and Medli on how to work together - basically, she has to do what you say.
- If you want Medli to follow you, get close and press R.
- Like with any object, press A while near Medli to pick her up.
- If you jump off a ledge while holding Medli, she will fly while holding you and without a change in altitude until her Magic Gauge empties. It is the same size as the doubled/improved Magic Gauge. It fully recharges when you land.
- You can use the Command Melody to control her as you did the statues in the Tower of the Gods. You must be in the same room as her, though.
- Press A repeatedly to fly until her Magic Gauge empties.
- Use the Control Stick to move around on the ground and while flying.
- When in a beam of light, press the reacting A to have her move her harp to reflect the light to a certain spot. It will stay like this if you press R to return to Link.
- Medli has no weapon aside from the reflecting mirror, which cannot actually kill an enemy.
- Medli cannot open doors while being controlled.
- Press R to return to controlling Link.
- Hold Medli and go through a door to take her with you; otherwise, she'll stay in the previous room.
- When the Floormasters, the hands in the holes in the ground, take Link away, he'll end up somewhere else, as will Medli. It the beginning of the previous room.
When the King of Red Lions finishes, enter the cave. Have Medli get near to Link while he is standing near the stone slab with the markings on it. Play the Earth God’s Lyric to have Medli play it. The stone slab will then collapse. Go through the doorway revealed to enter a smaller room with a platform. On it is a hole, which you’ll go down automatically.