For a boss Amygdala has relatively low HP, but he makes up for this by only being weak to damage in his head and arms. This means you’ll need to get Amygdala to use a combo of swings or his Acid Pool, both of which are followed with him leaving his head unguarded and close to the ground.
You’ll want to avoid locking onto him, except for quick orientation, and instead focus on circling him as you strike his arms or standing below his thighs but you should avoid his feet. Within no time you’ll get the chance for a visceral attack, which you shouldn’t miss.
List of Amygdala’s attacks in Phase 1:
- Stomp: Stomps on you for minimal damage, usually only occurs when you are at his feet
- Giant Leap: Leaps into the air to orient itself in your direction
- Acid Pool: Pukes acid on you, leaving his head open for assault for a short period of time
- Pinpoint Laser: Fires multiple bursts in front of him in a cone-shaped direction
- Straight Laser: Fires his laser in a straight line forward and then back, followed by series of explosions
- Oscillating Laser: Fires his laser in a zig-zag, followed by series of explosions
Phase 2 & 3
When Amygdala reaches 70% health he’ll enter Phase 2, becoming more aggressive and using much more powerful versions of his overhead slams. His attacks will now release explosions of energy around them, so beware of his punches.
When Amygdala reaches 30% health he’ll enter Phase 3, pulling off a pair of extra arms to use as weapons. At this point you’ll want to try and stay under his body and make sure to move with him when he jumps, to stay out of range of his punches. Wait for another long chain off attacks to go off, in which he presents his head toward the ground and slash away. Provided you keep moving underneath Amygdala whenever he jumps away and keep your health up you should finish this fight with relative ease.
List of Amygdala’s attacks in Phase 2 & 3:
- Large Acid Pool: Pukes a large pool of acid on you that does more damage
- Energy Punch: Charges a ball of energy in his hands that he slams into the ground
- Arm Club: Yanks off two of its arms and uses them as clubs for extremely long range attacks
Drops: 21,000 Blood Echoes and the Ailing Loran Chalice
Defeat Great One: Amygdala.
Chalice of Ailing Loran
Acquire the Chalice of Ailing Loran that seals the tragic land lost to the sands.