Boss: Vicar Amelia
The Vicar Amelia is a large, yet slow, boss with heavily telegraphed moves that are easy to avoid once you know what you are looking at. In fact, this boss is pretty easy overall and your objective is simply to avoid her attacks and aim for her hind legs or head, whenever she drops it low enough to target.
Start the battle by avoiding her attacks and going in for head shots when she finishes a combo or baiting her to use her Jumping Slam, which allows you free shots at the right hind leg when you avoid the attack. Watch out for her Axe-Handle Smash when she prays and keep up the attack to her legs and head to eventually stagger her, allowing you to get a visceral attack.
List of the Vicar Amelia’s attacks in Phase 1:
- Arm Swipes: Horizontal attacks from either arm that does minimal damage
- Claw Slash: Vertical claw slash across the ground from front to rear that does minimal damage
- Jumping Slam: Jumps forward with a smash from her right arm, easily avoided by side-stepping right
- Axe-Handle Smash: Performs a prayer on her hind legs and falls forward, causing a cone of massive AOE damage to fly forward
- Cross Sweep: Spreads arms to her side and performs a 180 degree pincer attack in front of her
- Gnashing Grab: Grabs you with her right hand to inflict heavy damage
- Uppercut Sweep: Horizontal attack with in a 120 degree arc that launches you into the air while doing moderate damage
When Amelia reaches 50% health she will begin to use stronger version of her attacks and adds in two things. The first is her wild tantrum attack that can do massive damage if you get caught in its wake and the other is her Recovery prayer. When she is about to recover she will often hop away from you and get on her hind legs, so either rush in a negate the recovery with a Numbing Mist or just hack away at her if you have a fast weapon to inflict almost as much damage as she recovers.
List of the Vicar Amelia’s attacks in Phase 2:
- Tantrum Combo: Succession of slams and slashes in front of her in a frenzied rage
- Recovery: Clasps hands in a prayer to heal herself, can be cancelled with a Numbing Mist
Drop: 15,000 Blood Echoes and the Gold Pendant
Defeat the beast that once was Vicar Amelia.