Boss: Darkbeast Paarl
Darkbeast Paarl is a lightning based boss, which means anything you have to resist Lightning damage such as Henryk’s armor set will be helpful in this fight. Paarl is also extremely vulnerable in the head, which he keeps low to the ground and protrudes further than his body for a majority of the fight, which means you should focus your attacks on it.
There are two way to handle Paarl: either engage his Burst Combo and go for his head while he is recovering or stay under his body and hit his head from beneath his him. Provided you watch out for his Static Discharge and stay at a safe range or directly under him Paarl will fall down to open himself up to a visceral attack and his electricity will become inactive. Note that once his electricity is off Paarl will make some aggressive slashes and then back up to charge himself up again.
List of the Darkbeast Paarl’s attacks in Phase 1:
- Burst Combo: Sucession of 2 to 4 slashes with his claws that does moderate damage
- Charge Punch: Charges a downward punch that releases a cone of electrical energy for moderate damage
- Soaring Pounce: Leaps toward you from a great distance with a wide sweep that can be avoided by rolling forward
- Leaping Burst Slash: Downward slash that creates a foward blast of electrical energy
- Thunder Slam: Moderate damage smash into the ground followed by a release of electrical energy
- Static Discharge: Curls into a ball and charges his whole body, releasing a massive damage AOE
- Lunging Bite: Bites the area in front and to the right of him for moderate damage
When Paarl reaches 50% health his attacks will gain the Forward Static Discharge, causing a wave of lightning to fly away from his attacks. At this point you must stay under Paarl to avoid the additional damage from his attacks, but you can still use the same strategy as before.
List of the Darkbeast Paarl’s attacks in Phase 2:
- Forward Static Discharge: Releases spheres of electrical energy at the end of each combo
Drop: 21,000 Blood Echoes and the Spark Hunter Badge
Defeat Darkbeast Paarl.