Boss: The One Reborn¶
The One Reborn may be a god, but he is pretty nasty and also very weak without his buffs from the Bell Ringers. You’ll want to start the fight by heading to the back of the area and take the stairs on the left or right to kill the Bell Ringers (x6) and then you can focus your attention on The One Reborn.
You’ll notice that you can target three locations of this boss: one on each end and the middle. The trick to this fight is to attack whichever end is close to the ground or any limb you can get your blade into while you wait for an end to lower.
To avoid damage you’ll need to get in a few hits and then back up to avoid the majority of The One Reborn’s attacks, most of which are easy to deal with if you remain on the move. Watch out for the Acid Pool, which will cover the whole arena floor and can be avoided by heading up the small steps, and his Evil Explosion, that can be avoided by backing up or heading behind him.
If you keep moving between the front and back, hitting the large legs as needed, The One Reborn should stagger and fall to the ground. This is when you can attack its major weakness, the skeleton body on the front of the boss.
List of The One Reborn’s attacks in Phase 1:
- Flaining Corpses: Flails every part of its body, dealing damage if you are standing nearby
- Corpse Blast: Shoots a projectile that does moderate damage, including splash damage on impact
- Raining Gore: Summons a pile of corpses yo rain from the sky on your current location
- Evil Explosion: Charges a large AOE that deals heavy damage, indicated by a glow around the skeleton body
- Acid Pool: Spits out a pool of acid from its rear section that covers the arena floor for heavy damage
Drop: 33,000 Blood Echoes and Yellow Backbone x3
Make sure to return up the stairs and check the back corner of the balcony for the Quicksilver Bullets x10 before you leave.
Defeat the One Reborn.