Return to the Central Yharnam lamp and head upstairs through the dark house to the main bridge, dealing with the Scourge Beasts, and this time you’re going to head left on the bridge, taking out some Carrion Crows and a Huntsman’s Minion to enter the boss area just beyond.
Boss: Cleric Beast
The Cleric Beast isn’t too difficult, but his size and height makes getting around him cumbersome if you lock on to him. Attack the boss’ left arm while trying to stay behind this boss, which is hard due to the fact that he likes to back up against the side of the bridge.
Move in and out as needed you can eventually do enough damage that the boss will fall over and allow you to perform a visceral attack. If you manage to damage a limb by focusing on it you can hit it again for bonus damage, but beware of the res aura that indicates him fixing his limbs.
List of the Cleric Beast’s attacks in Phase 1:
- Arm Swipes: Horizontal swipes that does minimal damage
- One-Two Slam: Punches into the ground with one fist and then the other for moderate damage
- One-Armed Grab: Rarely used with a slow wind up that does heavy damage
- Overhead Slam Combo: Three-hit combo that does moderate damage per hit
- Lunging Swipe: Lunges forward followed by a strong horizontal swipe attack
- Recovery: Envelopes himself in a red aura, recovering damaged limbs
When the Cleric Beast’s health is below 70% he will roar to enter Phase 2, becoming more aggressive and much faster. His attacks will become stronger and he performs longer combos, but otherwise you can use the same strategy as before.
List of the Cleric Beast’s attacks in Phase 2:
- Two-Armed Grab: Stronger version of the One-Armed Grab
- Double Slam Combo: Stronger version of the Overhead Slam Combo
- Slow Overhead Smash: Heavy damage ground slam that is delayed to throw you off in terms of timing
- Jump Attack: Jumps into the air to perform a heavy damage slam attack
Drop: 4,000 Blood Echoes and the Sword Hunter Badge
Make sure that you grab the Quicksilver Bullets x10 and light the Giant Bridge lamp before returning to Hunter’s Dream to level up, repair your weapons, and upgrade them if you haven’t yet.