Ocieros cradles an invisible baby for the first half of the battle, limiting his attacks to the staff in his right hand. The majority of striking attacks can be avoided by sticking close to Oceiros and attacking only after he performs an attack.
Watch out for when Oceiros strikes his staff into the floor and summons a mist of ice that does massive damage and back out of the area to attack his tail.
The only other attacks that you need to worry about at this point is Oceiros’ Tail Whip, indicated by lowering his upper body and raising his tail to sweep it in a 90 degree arc, and Jumping Slam, where he jumps into the area and slams back into the ground with his body and staff.
List of Oceiros’ primary attacks in Stage 1:
- Jumping Slam: Jumps into the air and slams down into the ground with his staff
- Tail Whip: Raises his tail and sweeps it in a 90 degree arc
- Ice Mist: Strikes his staff into the ground to create a circular mist of ice
At half health Oceiros will drop his staff and become more aggressive with a number of feral attacks, crawling on all four legs. His attacks also become more feral, sweeping wildly as he charges forward or spinning in a circle.
Try and stick behind him to avoid the majority of his attacks, except his spinning attack that does minimal damage, and run after him when he lunges across the area. The worst place to be in this half of the fight is in front of him, where a single combo of slashes will result in your death.
List of Oceiros’ primary attacks in Stage 2:
- Feral Spin: Spins in a circle with his tail sweeping across the ground
- Dragon Breath: Breaths a mist of ice, similar to the Ravenous Crystal Lizards
- Jumping Charge: Jumps into the air and charges forward in a linear path
- Attack Charge: Charges forward while attacking with both arms
Drops: 58,000 Souls , Soul of Consumed Oceiros
Enter the doorway near Oceiros’ bonfire and head down the stairs through a hall full of dead Serpent-men. In the last room you’ll find a Serpent-man alive, but it shouldn’t prove much of a threat if you simply guard and then strike, and then collect the "Path of the Dragon" gesture.
You can now open the two chests in the area for a Titanite Scale x2 and strike the back wall to reveal a hidden path to the Untended Graves.