Sulyvahn is one of the harder bosses in the game due to the fact that he has fast attacks that are hard to dodge, great ranged attacks, and high damage output. His aggressive nature gives you almost no time to heal and even if you back up he can close the distance in less than a second to punish you.
Your best bet is to stick close to Sulyvahn to learn the timing of his sweeping attacks and roll at the correct time to avoid being struck. Put everything into your offensive strategy because this isn’t a fight you’ll win via a long drawn out battle.
List of Sulyvahn’s attacks in Stage 1:
- Flame Slash: Slashes downward into the floor with his flame blade
- Magic Pierce: Pierces forward with his magic sword
- Backhand Flame: Performs a backhand slash with his flame sword
- Backhand Magic: Performs a backhand slash with his magic sword
- Flame Sweep: Slashes in a sweep forward with his flame sword
- Magic Sweep: Slashes in a sweep forward with his magic sword
- Spinning Blades: Spins in a 360 degree circle with both swords drawn
- Lunging Pierce: Lunges forward and pierces through your shield
When Sulyvahn kneels and draws in a dark cloud he is transitioning to Stage 2, leaving himself open to a barrage of attacks. Go all at him through this, even though you’ll take some damage, because this is a very dangerous stage and this is your best opportunity to do damage.
During this stage Sulyvahn will raise his bluish sword into the air as if he is charging a spell, but he is actually summoning a clone. Rush in and do as much damage as possible in the hopes of stopping his summon. The clone has all the same abilities that Sulyvahn has and can teleport to and from Sulyvahn’s location, making your life a living hell no matter where you are.
List of Sulyvahn’s attacks in Stage 2:
- Soul Spear: Shoots a spear of fast magic straight ahead
- Soul Wave: Shoots a crescent wave of magic from his blade
- Clone Summon: Raises his magic sword and grows black wings to a clone
Drops: 21,000 Souls , Soul of Pontiff Sulyvahn
Defeat Pontiff Sulyvahn.