The majority of attacks in his first stage are frontal attacks that are done by his mouth or club, meaning that fighting him from behind is the way to go. If you have NPCs this is easy, since they will usually be the target of his attacks and you’ll be free to strike his tail, but if you’re alone it can be much harder.
Stay away from his mouth and roll to the side whenever you see him raise his club to avoid being struck and you should make it through the first half of the battle without taking damage, unless he uses his Fire Streams attack.
List of the Old Demon King’s attacks in Stage 1:
- Hammer Smash: Slams his club into the ground creating a bursting of lava
- Fire Spit: Creates a ball of fire in front of his mouth that explodes
- Lava Spit: Spits a flow of lava from his mouth toward the ground
- Fire Streams: Creates an explosion of fire that streams outward in all directions
After about half health the Old Demon King will fall to his knees and become ablaze with fire, charging up to become more powerful. In this stage he’ll often raises his club to the heavens and call down a Rain of Fire upon his target, semi-tracking as you move around the area. This is easily avoided by backing up until the fireballs begin to fall and then running closer to attack, since they will primarily fall behind you.
Keep up the attack and keep your health high, especially if he creates some Rings of Fire, and when he reaches 10% health you’ll want to lay down the damage as much as possible. The reason for this is that sometimes he’ll begin to kneels and charge up, releasing all his flames in a massive explosion. If you see this, run away as fast as possible and then rush in after the explosion when he is unable to fight.
List of the Old Demon King’s attacks in Stage 2:
- Hammer Sweep: Rakes his club from back to front along the ground
- Rings of Fire: Sends a ring of fire inwards or outwards from his location
- Rain of Fire: Raises his club above his head to summon a shower of firebombs
- Flame Release: Charges up and explodes, extinguishing his flames
Drops: 18,750 Souls , Soul of the Old Demon King
Old Demon King
Defeat Old Demon King.