The Dragonslayer uses a greataxe and large shield that give an intimidating presence, but his attacks are slow and heavily telegraphed. The trick to the first half of the fight is to lure the Dragonslayer to attack and roll around his side to attack, but prepare to roll more than once if he is performing a combo.
Both his axe and his shield can be used as weapons and make sure you stay in the center of the bridge when avoiding him, since his attacks can break through the railing and leave an area for you to be pushed off.
The deadliest attack at this stage is when he puts his shield away and raises the axe into the sky, slamming down with lightning strike that does AOE damage.
List of the Dragonslayer’s attacks in Stage 1:
- Shield Bash: Bashes forward with the shield, creating a shockwave effect
- Shield Slam: Arcs the shield up and slams it straight down into the ground
- Horizontal Sweep: Raises his axe and sweeps across the air at medium height
- Downward Slam: Slowly pulls the axe up into an arc and slams it into the ground
- Lightning Strike: Two-hands his axe, slamming it into the ground for an AOE
The transformation to Stage 2 occurs when the Dragonslayer takes a knee and raises his axe, slamming it into the ground to create a vortex around him. At this point he’ll become much more aggressive and the dragons overlooking the battle have the ability to toss in some damage of their own with blood-like rain.
Play defensively whenever the Dragonslayer is two-handing his axe, as he’ll either charge or perform a sweeping attack that can kill you. The rest of the fight is similar to before, although his aggressive nature gives you little time to use an Estus Flask.
Don’t be afraid to use the fountain at the center of the area for cover and keep moving to avoid any incoming fire from the dragons.
List of the Dragonslayer’s attacks in Stage 2:
- Two-handed Sweep: Sweeps his axe across the area in a 180 degree arc
- Raking Uppercut: Rakes across the ground as he charges forward in an uppercut
Drops: 64,000 Souls , Soul of Dragonslayer Armour
Defeat Dragonslayer Armour.
Now that you have all the Braille Tomes you can purchase all of Irina’s light Miracles, everything except the last five, and then refresh the area.
She’ll move to the base of the tower that Patches locked you in and leave the two dark tomes on the ground.