Family : Brute Wyvern
Size : Gigantic
Element : N/A
The Brachydios is a giant wyvern encountered during High Rank quests; its distinguishing feature is its bright green horn and claws. When Brachy isn’t beating you down with brute force, it secretes a green slime that slowly explodes after leaving its body.
- Deserted Island: 2, 5 (Spawn), 8 (Rest)
- Tundra: 1, 2 (Spawn), 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 (Rest)
- Volcano: 5, 6 (Rest), 7 (Spawn), 8
|Head, Body (Cut/Impact)||Fatigue|
|**Strong Against**||**Weak Against**|
|Fire, Dragon, Thunder||Water, Ice|
|**Body Part**||**Durability**||**Effect on Decrease**|
|Body, Arms (x2)||Medium||Lurch|
|Legs (x2)||Low||Knockdown/Large Lurch|
|**Body Part**||**How to Break**||**Effect of Break**|
|Head, Arms (x2)||Decrease Durability Twice||Extra Rewards|
|Tail||Damage with Cut Weapons||Extra Carve|
Punch Combo : The Brachydios will walk forward, alternating left and right punches as it goes.
Jump : The Brachydios steps backwards licking its arms before leaping towards the hunter, slamming its arms into the ground.
Fire Wall : Brachy pushes his horn into the ground and then pushes forward, sending a wave of flames directly in front of it.
Explosion : Brachy pushes its horn into the ground and stay still. A few seconds later the ground will start exploding around the Brachydios so get distance between yourself and the Brachy when you see this attack coming.
If there’s any Wyvern that demands you keep your distance from it as often as possible it is the Brachy. His punches, and the slime he creates, are a nuisance that can bring an experienced hunter to their knees in an unexpected instant.
Brachydios is all about moving and forcing the Brachy to fall to your lures. Tap him one or two times then move a good distance away, waiting for his next move.
On completion of this attack his flank or tail once or twice then move a distance away again. This keeps you away from slimes and gives you a large window in which to react to a Fire Wall or Explosion.
Simply put - watch out for those silly slimes and don’t take any chances.
- The Brachydios has a particular affinity for slimes. He will leave pools of green slime around the arena when he punches the ground and you need to avoid them as they will turn red and explode.
- If you're struck by a Brachydios punch you will be inflicted with Slime - roll around to shake it off before it explodes. It will also explode if you take further damage from the Brachydios.