These 11 achievements/trophies are tied into collecting a number of different items throughout the game including: Relics, Documents, Survival Caches and Murals as well as completing the game’s nine Challenge Tombs, eight side-missions and completing a series of challenges also relating to similar, area-specific collectible types such as Flags, Posters or Gas Tanks.
Every collectible, Challenge Tomb, Side-mission and challenge completion is obtainable before the end of the first run through the game and by following the walkthrough above, you’ll have everything necessary for 100% completion. Players can also use fast travel to explore the world (including the Syria prologue area) following the end of the game as well, so there is no need to worry about missing something!
These are the collectible achievements/trophies in Rise of the Tomb Raider:
|Truth Seeker||Collect 25% of all narrative assets (relics, murals, and documents).|
|Voices of the Past||Collect 75% of all narrative assets (relics, murals, and documents).|
|Keen Eye||Unearth 40 Survival Caches.|
Description: Reach max proficiency in one language
In order to improve Lara’s language proficiency, you’ll need to hunt down the ‘narrative assets’ (as the game calls them). These include primarily the Document and Mural collectibles but certain Relics can be examined for points of interest which can help to boost language skills. For the record, the maximum language level for the three languages in the game include: Mongolian = Level 2, Russian = Level 3 and Greek = Level 7.
The earliest maxed out language proficiency you can earn is Russian and by following the walkthrough above, you should earn it during the Copper Mill section during your first visit to the Soviet Installation.
Reach max proficiency in one language
‘Looking for Trouble’ and ‘Compulsive’
Description: Complete five Challenges and complete every Challenge.
These two achievements/trophies are linked with the game’s various area challenges. These range from exploring ‘X’ number of caves and looting bodies, to finding and shooting objects in the environment or even tossing pumpkins into barrels. These challenges are not particularly difficult, but they do require you to be extra vigilant as you work your way through certain areas.
There are 18 Challenges in the game. You’ll earn the ‘Looking for Trouble’ achievement/trophy for completing five of the 18 challenges and the ‘Compulsive’ achievement/trophy for completing all 18.
The challenges include the following:
- Syria – Hang ‘em High (Destroy seven Incense Burners ).
- Siberian Wilderness – Grab and Go (kill and loot the bodies of three Trinity soldiers).
- Soviet Installation – Into Darkness (Explore five caves in the Soviet Installation map).
- Soviet Installation – Data Corruption (Destroy 10 Red Laptops in the Gulag area).
- Soviet Installation – Difference of Opinion (Burn seven Posters with Molotov Cocktails/Fire Arrows in the Copper Mill area).
- Soviet Installation – Capture the Flag (Find and cut down seven Soviet Flags ).
- Geothermal Valley – Bull’s Eye (Shoot eight Bull’s-Eye targets in and around the Valley Farmstead area).
- Geothermal Valley – Fowl Play (Throw five chickens into the chicken coop at the Valley Farmstead).
- Geothermal Valley – Hung out to Dry (Find and cut down six Hanging Rabbits in the Valley Farmstead and the main valley region of the map).
- Geothermal Valley – High Diving (Find and perform a swan dive from four specific diving boards located at high points around the region).
- Geothermal Valley – Tossing Gourds (Throw five pumpkins into barrels in the Village after returning from the Flooded Archive region).
- The Acropolis – Cut Short (Find and shoot six hanging Walkie-Talkies ).
- Research Base – Scorched Earth (Find and destroy four Gas Tanks ).
- Path of the Deathless – Enemy of my Enemy (Find and ignite six Signal Braziers ).
- The Lost City – For Whom the Bell Tolls (Find and cut down five Bells ).
- The Lost City – Banner Wars (Burn eight Banners with Molotovs/Fire Arrows in the City area).
- The Lost City – Vandals (Find and destroy eight headless Statues located throughout the region map).
- The Lost City – Burn Baby, Burn (Shoot five signal pyres with a trebuchet).
Complete 5 Challenges
Complete every Challenge
‘Challenging’ and ‘Tomb Raider’
Description: Complete a Challenge Tomb and complete all nine Challenge Tombs in a single playthrough.
As with the previous Tomb Raider (2013), there are a series of optional Challenge Tombs located throughout the world map. These often involve solving a short environmental puzzle/s and successfully completing each of these will earn you a unique Skill not available anywhere else. Handy!
It should be noted that whilst you can locate most of them fairly easily, many of these Challenge Tombs have gear requirements so you’ll need to attempt them once you have specific gear available. If you follow the above walkthrough, all nine Challenge Tombs are covered in detail. The Challenge Tombs include the following:
- Glacial Caverns – Ice Ship
- Soviet Installation – Ancient Cistern
- Soviet Installation – Voice of God (Requires backtracking with the Rope Arrows)
- Soviet Installation – Red Mines (requires Molotov Cocktails)
- Geothermal Valley – House of the Afflicted
- Geothermal Valley – Catacomb of Sacred Waters
- Geothermal Valley – Pit of Judgment (Requires backtracking with the Rope Spool)
- Geothermal Valley – Baths of Kitezh (Requires backtracking with the Rebreather)
- The Lost City – Chamber of Exorcism
After completing the first of Challenge Tomb you’ll earn the achievement/trophy ‘Challenging’ and after completing all nine of them, you’ll earn the ‘Tomb Raider’ achievement/trophy. The Challenge Tombs are all covered in the walkthrough above so if you follow the guide from start to finish, you’ll earn both achievements/trophies along the way!
Complete any Challenge Tomb
Complete all Challenge Tombs in one playthrough
‘Good Samaritan’ and ‘Woman of the People’
These two achievements/trophies are related to the in-game side-missions that can be attempted by speaking with friendly Remnant NPCs in the Soviet Installation and Geothermal Valley regions. They are not particularly hard to find, or complete and in addition to a nice XP boost, they also hand out some handy gear upgrades, outfits and weapon attachments. There are nine of these missions in total and they can be found in the following locations:
- Communications Breakdown – At the ‘Logging Camp’ Base Camp in the Soviet Installation.
- The Unlucky Ones – At the ‘Logging Camp’ Base Camp in the Soviet Installation. Available only after returning from the Prison and completing the ‘Communications Breakdown’ side-mission.
- Misguided Intelligence – At the ‘Logging Camp’ Base Camp in the Soviet Installation. Available only after returning from the Prison and completing ‘Communications Breakdown’ and ‘The Unlucky Ones’ side-missions.
- Dangerous Territory – From the wounded NPC halfway between the ‘Logging Camp’ Base Camp and the Saw Mill in the Soviet Installation. Available only after returning from the Prison.
- Gulag Recon – From the cave cleared during ‘Dangerous Territory’ in the Soviet Installation. Available only after returning from the Prison and completing the ‘Dangerous Territory’ side-mission.
- Defensive Strategy – From a friendly NPCS by the guard tower at the northern end of the ‘Valley Farmstead’ region of the Geothermal Valley.
- Surveillance Disruption – From the Hunter located by the hunter’s shack in the southern portion of the valley below the ‘Valley Farmstead’ area in the Geothermal Valley.
- A Hearty Meal - From the Hunter located by the hunter’s shack in the southern portion of the valley below the ‘Valley Farmstead’ area in the Geothermal Valley. Available only after completing the ‘Surveillance Disruption’ side-mission.
Ancient Secrets – From the friendly NPC in one of the larger ruins just east of the ‘Ruins Encampment’ Base Camp.
After completing the first of these side-missions you’ll earn the achievement/trophy ‘Good Samaritan’ and after completing all nine of them, you’ll earn the ‘Woman of the People’ achievement/trophy. These side-missions are all covered in the walkthrough above so if you follow the guide from start to finish, you’ll earn both achievements/trophies along the way!
Complete 3 Missions
Complete every Mission