This page explains how to learn the triple tech, Delta Force, in Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition.
Delta Force is a triple tech usable by Serge, Leena and Razzly. It’s required for the Deadly Delta trophy/achievement. Besides being a powerful attack in itself, it’s also incredibly easy to miss.
You will need Leena and Razzly who are both missable–and one is only acquired in a certain branch. Also, you must have Leena and Razzly’s Level 7 techs, which are also missable–and require carefully made decisions, which aren’t obvious.
How to Recruit Leena
Leena can be recruited near the beginning of the game, but you only get one chance–and it’s not very intuitive. At Cape Howl in Another World, after the boss fight, Kid will request to join your team.
At this point, refuse Kid (she’ll ask you three times). The next morning, Leena will join your party. Don’t worry about missing out on Kid, because you can recruit her at Termina.
How to Recruit Razzly
After the events of Viper Manor and Kid is poisoned, choose to save Kid. You’ll then receive the Astral Amulet, which can be used to hop between worlds at Opassa Beach. Back at Home World, head to Hydra Marshes to look for the Hydra Humour.
Before fighting the Hydra boss, you can save and recruit Razzly, who’s found at the end of the west branch of the area. Please check Razzly’s recruitment page for the full details.
How to Obtain Leena’s Level 7 Tech
There are two steps to obtaining Leena’s Level 7 Tech, Maiden’s Faith.
- Near the start of the game, after obtaining the Komodo Scales and meeting Leena at Opassa Beach, choose the two options that would make Leena happy. Basically, "I remember" and "I’ll never forget today".
- After Fort Dragonia (Home World), where you get Serge back, return to Arni Village (Home World). Enter Leena’s house and speak to her grandmother with Leena present to obtain the tech.
How to Obtain Razzly’s Level 7 Tech
There are three steps to obtaining Razzly’s Level 7 Tech, Raz-Flower.
- After recruiting Razzly, do not have her in your battle party when fighting the Hydra boss. If you do, she’ll learn the Hydra has children and becomes happy.
- Before Mt Pyre, head to Water Dragon Isle (Home World) with Razzly. You’ll find the dwarves are attacking the fairies. Take your time reaching the endpoint, where the Dwarf tank boss is. After beating the boss, if you were slow enough, Razzly’s sister, Rosetta will be dead (you want this to happen).
- After Fort Dragonia (Home World), where you get Serge back, return to Water Dragon Isle (Home World). In the second screen, speak to the fairy by the tree with Razzly present to obtain the Floral Rod and this tech.
How to Use Delta Force
After obtaining all the necessary pieces, allocate Maiden’s Faith and Raz-Flower to Leena and Razzly’s Element Grids. Obviously, place Leena and Razzly in your battle party, along with Serge.
During battle, build up your Elemental Power Level so it’s 7+ for Leena and Razzly and 5+ for Serge. Once you’ve achieved this, wait until all characters have 1+ stamina. Now when you select Luminaire, Maiden’s Faith or Raz-Flower, it will be replaced with Delta Force.
Use the triple tech Delta Force.