In ‘Battle for Detroit – Markus Demonstration’, you need to max out the public opinion. It needs to be positive, so Markus must never kill any humans and always use the peaceful options to protest for Jericho’s movement.
Here are all the steps you need to take to do this:
– The Stratford Tower: on the top floor, choose RUSE at the security checkpoint with the two guards, and don’t shoot the man that runs away to sound the alarm.
– Capitol Park: convert the androids and choose the PACIFIST route, and SPARE the officers at the end of the level.
– Freedom March (optional): you can progress Markus and North’s relationship to romantic (choose: NORTH’S PAST > UNDERSTANDING > TRUST) which will unlock the option to kiss her during ‘Battle for Detroit’. You don’t have to do this, though, as a second option (SING) will always be available for the same results.
– Freedom March: at the end of the march choose to DISPERSE twice when the officers start shooting.
– Crossroads: Markus needs to survive and save North whilst fleeing Jericho.
– Night of the Soul: choose DEMONSTRATION for a peaceful protest.
– Battle for Detroit: when the negotiator arrives to speak with Markus, choose REFUSE.
– Battle for Detroit: when the officers finally attack your group, successfully complete all the button sequences until they round you up against a bus. This is where you can make the final decision to force them to stand down and ultimately stay alive. If you made Markus and North lovers, and they are both still alive of course, then you can choose KISS. Or if you avoided that route, you can choose SING instead. Both of these choices force the soldiers to lower their guns.
Markus succeeded in making the soldiers stand back