You can start this mission after finishing Illium: Liara: System Hacking… or rather, technically this is the second half of the same mission, although the name will change after hacking three target terminals. In any event, after completing the aforementioned mission, talk to Liara again and she’ll ask you to hack more terminals to recover some data fragments, which she hopes will lead her to an agent of the Shadow Broker.
This mission is very similar to the last one, save after hacking a terminal, you won’t have to play a game of hot/cold to find a vulnerable terminal. Just be sure to seek out and hack all five target terminals and decline to call Liara until you’ve hacked all five. No sense in making decisions until you have all the information on-hand.
Data Fragment Terminals
- From Liara’s Office head downstairs and search the corner opposite a door.
- In the Trading Floor area, search the kiosk west of the Serrice Technology kiosk.
- In the Trading Floor area, search the northern-most kiosk, where a volus and asari are scheming about stocks.
- In the Trading Floor area, head east of the Serrice Technology kiosk and search the large monitor.
- In the Eternity Bar, search a terminal near the bar.
Unmasking the Observer
Once you’ve gathered all five data fragments, call Liara (you can do this by re-examining one of the terminals you hacked) and call Liara. Pick the option “None of the suspects fit.” and Liara will deduce who The Observer is. Return to Liara for a reward: 40 (50) XP and 5,000 credits.