When you repeatedly catch the same species of Pokémon, the game will record your “Catch Combo” in the results screen, post-capture. This value will rise as you continue to catch the same species of Pokémon. However, your combo will reset if any of the following happens:
- You catch a different species of Pokémon.
- A Pokémon runs from you (but you may run from them).
- You shut down the game.
Benefits of Catch Combos
As your Catch Combo increases, you’ll start to receive various benefits–some obvious, some less so. The higher your Catch Combo…
- The higher the experience multiplier for catching a Pokémon. This is listed as “Combo Bonus” in the rewards screen.
- The better the items you’ll earn for catching a Pokémon (eg. candy).
- The more perfect IVs the caught Pokémon will have.
- The more likely rare spawns will appear in your current area.
- The greater the chance of finding Shiny Pokémon.
The table below quantifies the aforementioned benefits.
|Catch Combo||Exp. Multiplier||Perfect IVs||Rare Spawn rate||Shiny rate|
|1 to 5||1.1||0||x2||1 in 4096|
|6 to 10||1.1||0||x3||1 in 4096|
|11 to 20||1.5||2||x4||1 in 1024|
|21 o 30||x2||3||x5||1 in 512|
|31 to 40||x2.5||4||x6||1 in 341|
|41+||x3||4||x6||1 in 341|