Harley Quinn is one of the popular assassin picks in Multiversus, featuring some of the longest hitstun combos in the game, along with some solid potential for aerial and horizontal knockouts alike. In addition, Harley is one of the more satisfying and simple characters to learn, as her combos are very much the same long combos, with a few variances depending on the circumstances of the match. Here are the most useful Harley combos in Multiversus
Best combos in Multiversus
The firth thing you need to know about Harley Quinn is that she has two main strings of combos, with slightly different priority and lengths based on skill, enemy character size and their HP. You will notice a core pattern amongst most of the combos, staritng out in a similar way annd how they cahnge depending on the circumstance. The trick to being a good Harley and pulling off some good combos is learning the matchup, and what can kill at different HPs.
- On the ground long combo - Side attack x3 , down attack , up attack , Charged Neutral or Special Up. Charged neutral works better for lower HP enemies, while Special Up can kill around 140 HP.
- Extended chain attack - Sair x2 > Side attack x2 > Repeat until dodge. You need to jump and immediately start the attack otherwise, you can go over some characters’ heads. This combo tends to work rather well until about 130hp as the Nair will outrage the ground side.
- Greater chain extension but harder to do - Dair x1 > Sair x2 > Side attack x2 > Repeat. This is a better combo if you’re against slower opponents on much lower HP as the Dair will not launch them on the rebound. The Dair is a great comber extender as long as your Dair is centred on the enemy to prevent enemies from horizontal knockback away from your follow-up attacks.
Here is an example of how a Dair > Sair > Side combo can go.
- Trap to air - You want to place trap. Depending on the HP of the enemy when they go into it, you can either chain it with two up strikes , back down into jump special up . Or go straight into it with Triple Jump. On 80 hp you have time to throw your bomb upwards, let them land into an uptilt attack and follow it up with an air light jump and then into Air special.
- Aerial knockout 100 HP - Charged down ground attack > Special up > jump > Uair > jump > Air light > .
- Bomb to Aerial - Throw a bomb at the enemy and make sure it lands > Charged down attack > Special Up > Jump > Uair > Special Uair > light Uair Uair > bomb detonates . If you have a triple jump, you can do the same here, followed by an extra heavy Uair at the end, thanks to the third jump into it. The combo of the bomb detonation and the special Uair should kill around 70 HP.
If we had Triple Jump during this combo it could of been a kill before we went to the ground to reset as we could have manually detonated the bomb at the end of the third air attack combo. But, this video shows the air juggle combo works even without Triple Jump.
Mostly, these horizontal and verticle combos are largely the basis of how you combo your moves. At higher HP enemies, you can use these combos to chain stun them, following into finishing moves like the completed side attack combo, a charged ground neutral, or a charged up or special up from the ground. These are your go-to knockback killing blow tools in the game on enemies above 130/140HP, depending on where they are positioned at the time the combo ends. It is also possible to do your aerial neutral with some of the ground extended combos to try and land that sweet spot with your Nair mallet for an early kill.
Another thing is that the trap Harley sets is a setup tool to kick start your combos. Remember to place your trap down, and depending on their HP when they set the trap off and where, you can move into an aerial combo, or a horizontal combo and set them up for a potential kill or long chain.
As for Harley’s recovers, she has a few tools to get back onto the stage. The charged down attack can slow her fall, along with dashing at the end of the charge. She can then use an Uair special to get higher while slowing her fall before jumping or dashing again. And there we have it, these are the most useful, basic and the essence of the Harley combos in Multiversus.