Morty is a mage-bruiser hybrid, with an experimental playstyle and has some great creativity and tools up his sleeve. However, this combination of playstyles makes it very hard to work out and decide what perk setup Morty players want to use. After seeing some games of Morty, it appears it’s highly situational. Here are the Morty Perks you should be using in Multiversus, along with when and why.
Morty Perks in Multiversus
There appear to be a fair few builds Morty players can do with the perks system. There is the bruiser playstyle, taking the typical offensive perks you expect, along with the mage cooldown perks and situational enemy comp perks. For these reasons, there appear to be no best perks for Morty in Multiversus. Instead, we will list a few perks worth looking at for various reasons, depending on the situation, personal preference, and playstyle. The ones we recommend in almost all situations are marked in bold and in a our quick reference table found below.
|Best Morty Perks in Multiversus||Description||Perk Type|
|Oh, Thats Still a Grenade||The explosion radius of Morty’s grendes is increased based on their cook duration. Grenades thrown by Mortys allies always have the maximum explosion radius.||Signature Perk.|
|Ice to Beat You||Your team’s projectiles deal 1 stack of ice if they knock enemies back.||Offense Perk.|
|Coffeezilla||Your team recieves 10% reduced ability cooldown duration.||Utility Perk.|
|I Dodge You Dodge We Dodge||Your team recieves a 10% ability cooldown refund after dodging an attack.||Utility Perk.|
Here is a list of offense perks that are also viable on morty if you wanted to spice things up.
- Snowball Effect - Good perk if you know any enemy player will have more damage than you or your ally, I.E against Assassin players.
- Percussive Punch Power - Morty has lots of moves that specialize in horizontal knockback. Therefore, taking this perk allows players to do more damage, especially with their extended horizontal combos.
- That’s Flammable Doc - Morty’s neutral is marked as a projectile, with the snakes dealing knockback when the gun is off cooldown, as do the bombs.
- Ice To Beat You - Projectiles add a slow to your enemies. It makes it easier for Morty to track since he’s slow. It can also stack multiple times thanks to grenade knockback and snake projectile knockback.
Read More: Morty Combos
Defense perks are more situational for Morty, especially when against ragned heavy opponents.
- School Me Once - Recieve a projectile block buff after being knocked back by a projectile. A decent perk to take for countering characters like Velma, Tom and Jerry, and even Morty to an extent.
- Absorb and Go - Decent cooldown perk when playing against ranged enemies.
- Tasmanian Trigonometry - Increases base knockback resistance.
- Coffeezilla - More than likely a perk you take all the time, thanks to Morty’s gun and bombs being a core part of his kit.
- Triple Jump - Decent perk for juggling enemies or trying to get skybox kills. However, smart play with the UFO can make up for needing triple Jump.
- I Dodge, Yo Dodge, We Dodge - 10% cooldown refund after dodging an attack.
- I’m More Than Just a Hammer - When Morty summons his hammer (side attack x3), he spins in a circle multiple times. This can hit two to three times, depending on the player’s actions. This is largely used to edge guard or works when there’s some form of obstacle to bounce off, such as certain stages or Steven’s platforms.
- Oh, That’s Still a Grenade - The explosion radius of Morty’s grenades increases the longer they are active. Grenades thrown by Morty’s allies also have the highest explosion radius. - This is generally better as it means a better chance your grenades cause knockback or hitstun.
And there you have it; these are the best perks for Morty in Multiversus. Feel free to experiment with different styles and find the ones that work for you.