Jake is one of many bruisers in Multiversus, with a focus on body bouncing, charging, and performing long-range melee attacks. No matter what mode you play, you need to learn combos to get the most damage. Here are some useful Jake combos in Multiversus.
Best Jake combos in Multiversus
UNlike some more complex Mage or assassin characters, Jake’s combos are fairly simple in nature.Brusiers tend to have shorten length chain bombos, with strong hitboxes to make combos like Jake’s easier to do. Most of these combos are great for getting eenmies juggled into the air, or pushing them off the edge and edge guarding.
We also recommend getting used the the nuetral light attack button on your controller. The reason why is because Jake does a lot of Nair moves, which can become clunky since you use your basic attack buttiun a lot during many of these combos, which blend with the Nair move.
- Juggling - Charge up attack > Uair x2
- Extended combo - Side attack x2 > Nair > Dair > Uair x2
- Better ground to air - Nair combo > Charged Up ground .
- Weaker ground to air - Two side attacks , slightly charged up > bigger charge up . - It only works below 80 hp as the side attack knock back can knockback enemies outside of your preferred charge attacks.
- Quick Special combo (Works better while using Sticky perk) - Special Up > Uair combo .
- Spits into air combo (tends to work better from 80 HP onwards) - > Special up short charge > Nair > up attack combo .
- Eat chain combo - and spit into the air > > Sair > jump into Nair combo > Sair charged up to the edge of the platfrom.
- Edge combo - Sair charge > glide to neutral x1 > Sair
- Skateboard combo starter - Dair x3 > Nair combo > into other nair combos listed above.
Unofficial combos and Jake Guide in Multiversus
One thing you need to know about Jake is he has a few skills that combo all too well . The down attack, for example, is a decent move to counter enemies that boxing xombo, but cann be exposed to rear or ranged down attacks. You can use this to counter, then be=gin a counter from it. Alternatively, you can use it to edge guard against climbing enemies after you have used aan edge combo listed above.
In addtion, it is rare to find a special side attack combo, largely thanks to its fast speed and knock back. You pretty much use it combos when enemy knockback is further than the Sair move’s rangfe. You can use this during a combo on higher percentage enemies as a combo finisher if they are knocked back or weakened far away and can’t dodge. Or its used to gain speed against ranged characters or fast movers like Garnet and Finn.
The Dair special move is also not too effective. It’s better used as a stronger and bigger hitbox spike on lower enemies. You can set up after using your Uair special in case you miss up attacks and enemies start falling down.
Lastlty, lets talk about Recovery. Jake’s recovery is pretty good, especially if you have a stack of your Y up move left. This can make Jake stretch from getting spiked or punted off the to the blast zone on the sides of the map. He can then follow it up jumps and charges to safety, and even a charged Sair to slow his fall down.
Hopefully, these official and unofficial Jake combos in Multiversus will help you grab some wins.