Reindog is one heavy doggo, capable of assisting allies with life-saving grips, along with mighty barks and big paws to slap its foes. While the big doggo is a support character, there are some guaranteed combos you can land and some smart moves to make extended unofficial combos. If you’re looking for a few extra tips and techniques, then here are some Reindog combos for Multiversus gameplay.
Reindog combos in Multiversus
The first thing you need to know about Reindog is that it is a support. It means Reindog is capable of boxing. Reindog has basic pure combos, like most other characters. But outside of that, he needs to use his moves rather smart to get the most out of the character. The reason for this is because plenty of air and ground moves are relatively similar, or Reindog’s moves are more supportive. There are limited options to combo extend, but clever play is enough to make the character work in both 1v1 and 2v2.
Basic combos for Reindog
- Side Attack X3
- Side Attack > Up Attack x2 - This does the most damage of all the pure combos but requires Reindog to be more or less on top of them as you go for the first hit. It puts Rein at the most risk for the most reward at 17 damage.
- Side Attack x2 > Neutral > Special Side Attack . This is the second strongest combo dealing 16, but the special is not part of the true combo sequence and can be dodged.
- Sair > Side Attack x2 > Up Attack > More aerial moves. This combo alllows you to transiiton from sideways air approach into a basic ground combo. You can then ping them into the air and follow it up with more Uair attack and juggle if you so wish.
- Special Dair > Sair - This combo can hitstun enemies using a fireball, which allows you to follow up into a Sair during this hit stun for another two possible hits. You can then follow it up with a ground combo for an extended combo.
- Dair > Up Attack - Quick air spike into uppercut move
- Dair > Sair - Basic aerial combo you can use. This can easily extend combos if you manage to go from air to ground to air or vice versa.
- Dair > Sair > Side attack > other moves. This combo allows you to go from the air into a grounded target on less than 55 HP as the down attack can knock back most enemies away from the double hit Sair. Landing it means you can roll with your enemy and follow it into a ground combo.
Extended combos explained
Extended combos for Reindog require a mix of combo techniques from the above. For example, using your basic Nair, Sair and Dair into ground combos and then back in the air is easy. It is possible to extend enemy hits using the special up or down attack. This requires some advanced game knowledge, but it can seriously extend your combos.
In addition, knowing your air-to-ground combos and what health enemies bounce too far away is key to extending your air and then ground combos. Sometimes, you may need to do a dash jump and catch up, or follow it with a special side attack instead.
You can also use a few clever techniques by charging up a heavy special down attack. You can launch it towards an enemy at significant range, move in, combo them and launch them into the oncoming fireball. Moreso, your neutral range attack can bounce off surfaces. You can use these on maps like tree top, the Rick and Morty map, and even the haunted mansion to intercept an enemy and combo extends or set someone up into a rebound to score a kill.
Again, Reindog is a support character, with mainly chargeable ranged attacks. Therefore, Reindog has a few pure combos. Still, those who want to use extended combos will need to learn a lot to pull off some fabulous extended combos but rest assured, Reindog has a few tricks the old dog can learn.