As you probably already know, Shin Megami Tensei IV has several endings to its storyline. Like any other game, those endings are triggered by what you do in the game - how you respond to people, stuff like that.
However, despite this, a lot of the game still rides on the same rails - if you've ever played Chrono Trigger, you probably get what I mean. And if you haven't played it, go grab it.
For this reason, this guide actually tries to cover everything literally "doable" in the game. If you actually need something related to an ending's conditions, see the Ending Conditions section for a sort of mini-walkthrough.
What details I can glean on the choices you make in the game are detailed where possible. Primarily, keep in mind this info about alignment:
- It is on a scale from -100 to +100, measured integrally
- The lower (negative) you are, the more you are angled to the "Chaos" ending
- The higher (positive) you are, the more you are angled to the "Law" ending
- The Neutral ending occurs from -8 to +8
Finally, nomenclature... There are specific points in the game where you to choose the name for something. At those points forward, I will simply refer to them by their default names. This includes...
- The main character: "Flynn" (or "you")
- The second Terminal: "Mikado Terminal"