You’ll want to chat to Wulf Wild-Blood who will ask you to find his brother Torkild . The problem with this quest is that Torkild will only appear as a random encounter in the game. You might also come across him when he’s already been killed, but this won’t stop you from completing the quest successfully.
Here’s a list of locations where random encounters (of all types) are more likely to appear:
- On the coastline between Glacial Cave and Bujold’s Retreat is a popular place for Torkild to wander.
- West of Glacial Cave, along the coastline.
- West of Damphall Mine, along the coastline
- West of Broken Tusk Mine, along the coastline.
- Just outside (North) of Raven Rock.
- Just South of Bujold’s Retreat on the east side of Solstheim.
- East of Saering’s Watch, on the path below the cliff just east of the word wall.
- Halfway between Glacial Cave and Haknir’s Shoal, along the coast.
- At the bottom of the waterfall that runs next to Castle Karstaag Caverns
After finding Torkild and speaking with him, he will turn into a werebear and attack. Searching his body yields a note to his brother Wulf. When given the letter, Wulf will express his sadness at his brother’s death, but also relief that he is at rest.