Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past is a long and pretty traditional RPG, that doesn’t make things too easy on the player, especially in the beginning sections of the game and newcomers to the genre. This page will compile a list of tips and tricks that will help you out throughout your journey.
- **Save Often!** Making sure you save often is one of the most important things to remember in a RPG, as you never know what's waiting for you around the corner. You have three save slots in this game, so use them to make some back-ups in case you need to go back to a previous save to grind or get something that you missed.
- **Money Maker!** Gold is one of the rarer resources that you will have until a decent ways into the game, as the only sources are from enemies and chests/breakables. It's a wise idea to not always update your equipment, unless it's a sound improvement, as having to spend 2000G to only get a two point increase on a weapon might not be the greatest use of the money.
- **Healing Items!** Having healing items on your characters is important, especially prior to getting Vocations, as you cannot access your bag during battles. You will never know when you might have to fall back on them in times when MP is low or your healer is incapacitated. A good tactic is to always have three or four of them on each character.
- **Manage Inventory!** Each character in the game can only hold so many items on them before they cannot carry anymore. If you open up the menu with X and choose Misc, there will be an option to Organize Items, allowing you to send all non-essential items from a character's inventory into the bag.
- **Use Your Seeds!** Seeds are items you will find throughout the game that when used, will permanently increase the related stat. You can use your Seeds on whoever you want, but **it's important that you don't use them on Prince Kiefer** . One thing that could be done is to use specific ones on characters whenever they are lacking in that stat, like Maribel with HP. You could also use them all on one character and create a super soldier, but that's entirely up to you.
- **Speak To Everyone!** As with pretty much any typical RPG, you will want to speak with all of the NPCs that you can, especially once you start diving into the individual scenarios. This is especially important due to a glitch in the game that can occur later in the game, provided you might not have seen all of the events during a scenario.