Eagle Vision is a vision mode that we will be using extensively throughout the game. Similar to the special ‘Detective Modes’ in the Batman: Arkham games or the most recent Tomb Raiders and Witcher Sense in the Witcher III: Wild Hunt, Eagle Vision will highlight objects and areas of interest in the environment. In general the following are observable with Eagle Vision active:
- **White –** Hiding places such as haystacks, benches and curtains will be highlighted in white. Usable environmental objects such as hanging barrels, fire barrels and explosive crates will also appear in white.
- **Gold -** Memory-related objectives, lootable objects, assassination targets, key memory NPCs or points of interest to be investigated are highlighted in gold.
- **Red –** Hostile faction NPCs including Blighters and Templars will appear in red.
- **Blue –** Law enforcement and police NPCs will appear as blue.
- **Green –** Rooks and other allied characters will appear green in colour.
In addition to highlighting points of interest in the environment, Eagle Vision now allows Evie/Jacob to mark hostile targets such as Police/Blighters/Templars and also tag assassination targets or other persons of interest. To do so, with Eagle Vision active, simply move the camera so that they are in the center of the screen for a few moments.
Once tagged, these NPCs will remain tagged, have their character level shown and be visible through walls when returning to regular vision mode. This is extremely useful for keeping an eye on patrols whilst sneaking into areas, tailing specific targets or attempting to assassinate a person of interest.