|N/A - There are no optional objective/s in this memory.|
Part 1: Byng’s Home Investigation
This memory begins on the sidewalk outside of a solicitor’s office in the north west portion of the City of London borough. After speaking with the fellow here to initiate the memory, make your way over to the Byng’s Home investigation marker nearby. In the search area you’ll find the body at the base of the stairs. Inspect it.
Looking over the corpse will result in two suspects, Emmet and Angela, and six additional clues appearing in the search area for us to discover. Activate Eagle Vision to have them appear highlighted in gold to make things easier. You’ll want to inspect the following:
- **Personal Letter –** On a small drawer sitting in an alcove beneath the stairs.
- **Sculpture –** Located on a small table on the second floor of the building.
- **Crate –** Located on the top floor of the building by a bookcase.
- **Dead Spider –** Can be found on the top floor of the building by the top of the stairs.
- **Legal Letter –** On a table on the top floor of the building.
- **Letter from Colleague –** Sitting on a small chest of drawers on the top floor of the building.
We’ll now want to interrogate the suspects nearby and hear all of their conversation options. Emmet can be found on the ground floor of the search area (ask him about: Byng, Crate, Will). Angela is by the base of the stairs on the ground level of the search area (speak to her about: Crate, Byng and then Spider and Last Words).
Finding all seven of the clues and interrogating both persons of interest at Byng’s Home will give us two additional search areas to examine – the University and Cemetery. Both of these are located to the south of the initial search location. Let’s make our way to closest one first – the University.
Part 2: University Investigation
The University investigation zone includes a group of three suspects, Professor Silas, Dr. Wilson and Virginia, whom we can speak with (although we’ll do that after finding the clues of course) and also features another eight clues which we’ll need to discover. Again, activate Eagle Vision to make this task easier. You’ll want to inspect the following:
- **Handkerchief –** on the foot of a desk just inside the door on the ground floor of the building.
- **Receipt –** On the floor by a desk on the ground floor of the building.
- **Spider Illustration –** Located mounted on a wall on the second floor.
- **Treatise by Prof. Wilson -** Sitting on a small chest of drawers on the second floor of the building.
- **Small Box –** located on the floor by some windows on the second floor.
- **Pedestal –** Located by the railing overlooking the stairs on the top floor.
- **Book written by Prof. Byng –** On the ground by a bookshelf on the top floor.
- **Bookcase –** The glowing bookcase on the top floor.
With all of those clues, it’s now time to speak with the nearby suspects. Professor Silas can be found on the top floor of the University building (we’ll want to ask him about: Byng, Byng’s Book, Travels). Dr. Wilson can be found on the second floor (inquire about: Byng, Empty Box, Spider). Virginia is by the base of the stairs on the ground level (speak to her about: Receipt, Byng and then Will).
At this point, there is nothing left to do at Byng’s Home or the University, so make your way over to the other investigation area – the Cemetery.
Part 3: Cemetery Investigation
There are another four clues to find at the Cemetery as well as another suspect, Beswick, to interrogate - Gilbert. Activate the Eagle Vision ability to locate the clues. Inspect the following:
- **Byng Family Vault –** The large stone monument in the northeast corner of the Cemetery.
- **Money –** Located by the fountain in the center of the search area.
- **Gravedigger’s Coat –** Close to the fountain in the middle of the search area.
- **Handkerchief –** On the ground by the path on the northern end of the search zone.
Part 4: Abandoned House Investigation
The Abandoned House has six clues hidden within. Again, we’ll want to activate Eagle Vision to make the task of tracking them all down much easier. You’ll want to inspect the following:
- **Tools –** On the floor just inside the doorway.
- **Single Page –** On the floor to the right of a small table.
- **Ashes –** On the floor directly in front of the doorway.
- **Mask –** On the floor by the Ashes directly in front of the doorway.
- **Ripped Chapter –** On the floor to the left of a small table.
- **Spectacles –** On the floor by the window opposite the entrance.
At this point you’ll have all the clues at your disposal and will be able to choose and accuse one of the persons of interest. The answer is Professor Silas.
Once you have accused correctly, the memory will be complete.