Outriders Worldslayer is the new expansion to Outriders that was released on June 30th, 2022. One of the many new features of this expansion are the new Legendary Armor Sets for all of the classes. This page will give you all the details you need to know about the Maxwell’s Demon Set that can be used by all classes.
Maxwell’s Demon’s Legendary Set Bonuses
The Maxwell’s Demon set is a universal Legendary set at launch for Outriders Worldslayer. In addition to the existing Legendaries, there are now new armor sets that can be worn by all of the Classes. Unlike the new Class sets, the Maxwell’s Demon set only has three pieces you can obtain. The Maxwell’s Demon set grants the following bonus when you have all three pieces:
- Each successful Assault Weapons shot grants a Firepower bonus that stacks up to 50%. To reach the bonus, a half of weapon magazine ammo must be spent as successful shots. On achieving maximum stacks the Firepower bonus is raised to 100% and Burn is applied to both the player and enemies within a 15 meter radius. The bonus is active for up to half of weapon magazine capacity. Bonus is lost upon reloading or swapping weapons.
There’s a lot going on with the set bonus, so it’s good to understand what you’re really getting here. To begin with, the bonus is in effect for all Assault Weapons, this means Double Guns, Assault Rifles, Light Machine Guns and Sub Machine Guns will all benefit from it. Next, you’ll need to ensure your accuracy is on point to land half of your magazine as successful shots. Once you do, you can eventually raise the damage bonus to 100% and apply Burn to your enemies within a 15 meter radius. You’ll have to deal with the debuff on yourself, but that’s a small price to pay for all of the other upsides this set has.
Helmet of Maxwell’s Demon
|Helmet of Maxwell’s Demon||Headgear|
This is the Headgear piece for the Maxwell’s Demon set and comes with the following mods:
- Magma Shelter (Tier III): Your Melee skill creates an explosion, dealing x damage based on bonus Firepower within a 2 meter radius. If enough space is available, it creates a cover made of magma.
- Dum-Dum Bullets (Tier II): Increases Assault Weapon Damage by 12%.
The Magma Shelter Tier III mod is a unique one, it will cause your Melee skill to now create explosions based on your Firepower which will extend to enemies within a 2 meter radius. It will also grant you a magma-based cover should have space in the location you are fighting, offering a bit of protection too. Dum-Dum Bullets is a great all-around mod for anyone using Assault Weapons as it offers a flat increase to the damage they deal.
Armor of Maxwell’s Demon
|Armor of Maxwell’s Demon||Upper Armor|
This is the Upper Armor piece for the Maxwell’s Demon set and comes with the following mods:
- Tactical Retreat (Tier III): Rolling creates an Anomaly orb that detonates in proximity to an enemy or when shot by the player dealing x damage within a 5 meter radius. 8 seconds Cooldown.
- Personal Space (Tier II): Grants you a 12% bonus to Close Range Weapon Damage.
The Tactical Retreat Tier III mod is an interesting one, as every 8 seconds, when you roll, you’ll leave behind an Anomaly orb that will either detonate when an enemy gets close or if a player shoots it. Using these tactically, you can cause it to detonate on groups of enemies for extra damage. Personal Space is a mod that favors the more closer range weapons such as Shotguns and Sub Machine Guns.
Legplates of Maxwell’s Demon
|Legplates of Maxwell’s Demon||Lower Armor|
This is the Lower Armor piece for the Maxwell’s Demon set and comes with the following mods:
- Supercollider (Tier III): Entering cover creates a forcefield that increases the damage of you and your allies’ bullets that pass through it by 25%.
- Bloodlust (Tier II): Critical shots increase your Firepower by x. Stacks up to 3 times and deteriorates every 5 seconds.
Supercollider is a fantastic Tier III mod that is situational. You’ll need to ensure you have cover in a decent place to make the most of it, but when you do, it’ll create a forcefield for you and your group that will increase everyone’s damage by 25%! Bloodlust is another general-purpose mod that is useful to have on, this will cause all of your Critical shots to increase your Firepower, stacking up to 3 times.