As with all of the Pokémon games, you'll unlock the Battle Tower in place of where Rose Tower once stood. Following his defeat in the Championship match, Leon has reopened it and it works a little differently from how it used to. For starters, it features a tier system that you work through based on the amount of wins you rack up. Reach a new milestone and you'll need to defeat Leon again to move up to the next tier.
As expected, you'll receive numerous amounts of useful rewards during your visit at the Battle Tower and you'll also obtain BP which can be exchanged for useful items in the lobby or the Hammerlocke Pokémon Center which are useful for training your Pokémon to even greater heights.
As with any competition, there are many rules to follow as listed below:
- There are two versions of the Battle Tower, Single Battles and Double Battles with your progress being tracked separately in each.
- Your team cannot be changed until you return to the Lobby, select your order carefully.
- There's a limit of three Pokémon for a Singles Team and four for a Doubles Team.
- Every Pokémon is set at Lv 50 be it your opponents or your own (any above Lv 50 will be temporarily lowered).
- Your team can be made up from either your own party, boxes or by making use of a Rental Team.
- HP, PP and Held Items are restored between each battle so don't feel the need to conserve your PP.
Battle Tower Shops
The Battle Tower features a lobby with many useful shops, two of which use the BP currency you'll be earning during your stay here.
- Mint Shop
- Item Shop
- TM Shop
|TM28 - Giga Drain||100,000|
|TM92 - Mystical Fire||100,000|
|TM83 - Razor Shell||100,000|
|TM52 - Bounce||100,000|
|TM59 - Fling||100,000|
|TM20 - Self-Destruct||100,000|
|TM44 - Imprison||100,000|
|TM70 - Trick Room||50,000|
|TM71 - Wonder Room||50,000|
|TM72 - Magic Room||50,000|