You can acquire Apricorn items by shaking berry trees. Try the Forest of Focus.

If you feed the Cram-o-matic 4 coloured Apricorns, you’ll receive one of many Poké Ball items–the ball you get will be random. To determine what balls you may get, first you need to know that each of the 7 Apricorns has its own list of possible balls. Please refer to the tables below.

Red Apricorn Blue Apricorn Yellow Apricorn Green Apricorn Rate
Poké Ball Poké Ball Poké Ball Poké Ball 24.7%
Great Ball Great Ball Great Ball Great Ball 24.7%
Ultra Ball Dive Ball Ultra Ball Ultra Ball 24.7%
Repeat Ball Net Ball Quick Ball Nest Ball 24.7%
Level Ball Lure Ball Moon Ball Friend Ball 1%
Safari Ball Safari Ball Safari Ball Safari Ball 0.1%
Sport Ball Sport Ball Sport Ball Sport Ball 0.1%
Pink Apricorn White Apricorn Black Apricorn Rate
Poké Ball Poké Ball Poké Ball 24.7%
Great Ball Great Ball Great Ball 24.7%
Ultra Ball Premier Ball Dusk Ball 24.7%
Heal Ball Timer Ball Luxury Ball 24.7%
Love Ball Fast Ball Heavy Ball 1%
Safari Ball Safari Ball Safari Ball 0.1%
Sport Ball Sport Ball Sport Ball 0.1%

If you use the same Apricorn 4 times, you’ll only get the Poké Balls listed for that specific Apricorn. Meanwhile, if you mix and match different Apricorns, the game will randomly choose one of the lists–proportional to the ratio of Apricorns.

For example, if you combine 3 Red Apricorns and 1 Yellow Apricorn, there’s a 75% (3 in 4) chance of getting a ball from the red list and a 25% (1 in 4) chance of getting one from the yellow list. Your chance of getting a 1% rate item is still 1%, but you’re 3 times more likely to get a Level Ball (red), rather than a Moon Ball (yellow).

Shall we go again?

After using the Cram-o-matic to create a Poké Ball, you’ll be asked if you want to use it again with the same recipe (so long as you have enough of each Apricorn). This is helpful if you’re trying to gun for an elusive Poké Ball.

Note that giving the Cram-o-matic anything less than 4 Apricorns (eg. 3 Apricorns) will generate an item from the General Recipes instead.

Guide Information

  • Publisher
    Pokemon Company International
  • Platforms
    Switch
  • Genre
    RPG
  • Guide Release
    15 November 2019
  • Last Updated
    23 November 2020
    Version History
  • Guide Author

Share this free guide:

Welcome to our comprehensive strategy guide for Pokémon: Sword and Shield, the latest entries in the Pokémon video game franchise. Our guide also incorporates all the DLC, including the Isle of Armor and brand new Crown Tundra DLC.

In Sword and Shield, you explore the Galar region, based on the United Kingdom, alongside rivals Hop, Bede and Marnie, with the aim to dethrone the Pokémon League Champion.

The games introduce several new features such as Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing, functions that increase size and change forms of certain Pokémon; the Wild Area, a large open world with free camera movement; and raids with co-op battling. They also reintroduce features previously seen in Sun and Moon and Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee!, such as regional variants and roaming Pokémon depicted in the overworld.

Brand New October 2020:

Version 1.2

  • A Complete Walkthrough of the Isle of Armor.
  • Details of all 16 new Wild Areas, including Pokémon encounter rates.
  • All the new Max Raid Dens: Locations and Featured Pokémon.
  • Images and Locations of All 150 of the Missing Diglett.
  • The Isle of Armor Pokédex (featuring 100 Returning Pokémon).
  • Recipes for the Cram-o-matic.
  • A Full Walkthrough featuring Pokémon encounter rates.
  • All Gym Encounters and Strategies.
  • New Items: Mints & Natures Explained.
  • Post Game content including Champion Cup.
  • Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing.
  • The Galar Region Pokédex (featuring 400 Pokemon).

Get a Gamer Guides Premium account:

Discord logo
Remove this ad
Subscribe to Premium
Remove this ad - Subscribe to Premium